The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New battery & Symbol control panel problems

2 posters

Go down

New battery & Symbol control panel problems Empty New battery & Symbol control panel problems

Post by Arnnied Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:34 am

Hi, I have just replaced the habitation battery on my 2009 Symbol because the other was not working. The battery went in fine, but the information display panel at the back of the van which displays batter/water level, times, alarms etc. was displaying gobbledygook. Do I need to reset this or something? Hope someone can help. Cheers.
Arnnied
Arnnied

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

New battery & Symbol control panel problems Empty Re: New battery & Symbol control panel problems

Post by CC Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:49 am

Yes, it sounds like you need to reset the control panel, our Nuevo one has a reset button on the circuit board which restores it to new and you have to go through the menu to set up time, date etc the reset should recalibrate your readings correctly.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

New battery & Symbol control panel problems Empty Re: New battery & Symbol control panel problems

Post by Arnnied Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks, that helps but can't find a reset button for the control panel. There is basically three buttons, two triangle shap and one square. The Screen is just displaying random letters and numbers. If no joy will phone dealer Monday. Thanks anyway.
Arnnied
Arnnied

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Arnnied wrote:Thanks, that helps but can't find a reset button for the control panel. There is basically three buttons, two triangle shap and one square. The Screen is just displaying random letters and numbers. If no joy will phone dealer Monday. Thanks anyway.

You will need to remove the control panel to reset it, not sure about the symbol control panel but our Nuevo has a plastic bevel / surround that gently prises off, then two screws hold the panel in place.. Remove screws and ease forward the panel, it probably will be a very tight fit if ours was anything to go by so be careful not to do any damage to the PCB or wiring.... If you look at the rear of the PCB there should be a round cell battery and (on ours at least) a push button to do a full reset.... I had to reset mine and thought that by disconnecting the 12v feed it would reset itself but Auto-Sleepers told me you need to press the reset button to do it any good and to perform a factory reset.

By the way you might like to introduce yourself in the welcome section when you get a minute up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down