The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EC480 Digital Control Panel (Symbol)

+5
Dbvwt
paul bullock
Peter Brown
rgermain
Raymond53
9 posters

Go down

EC480 Digital Control Panel (Symbol) Empty EC480 Digital Control Panel (Symbol)

Post by Raymond53 Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:04 am

My EC480 Digital Control Panel has developed a fault, meaning I am unable to view the state of batteries etc. The Power Light and Light Button comes on only (Blue Light) but not the main display. Also when I put the power button I can hear a click on the other side of the van near the sink?
Any help gratefully received.
Raymond53
Raymond53

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

EC480 Digital Control Panel (Symbol) Empty Re: EC480 Digital Control Panel (Symbol)

Post by rgermain Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:30 am

Not sure why the display is not working, some one will be along soon I hope on here.

I would think the click you hear if it is like mine, is that you are switching off the main charger unit, at least that is what mine does. I do not know the layout of your van, as mine is at the right rear under the side bed. I assume that the power button also resets the EC480 clock.
Sargent are very helpful with these problems, I would ring them as a first line of call.
------------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

EC480 Digital Control Panel (Symbol) Empty Re: EC480 Digital Control Panel (Symbol)

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 pm

The first thing to try is to switch off the EC500 power supply. When you switch it on again the system will reset.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi , I had this happen with our Nuevo , disconnected the ribbon connecter on the back of the panel, intending to send it back to  sargent, thought give it a go ,reconnected and all was OK!! Might be similar ,best of luck   Regards        Paul wave
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:43 pm

You used to have to do that to reset all the models prior to the EC500.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond53 Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:29 pm

How do you disconnect the power? supply
Raymond53
Raymond53

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:48 pm

I’m guessing the main power on/off button on the EC500 unit but I will wait for confirmation as I have the same van and I’m following this thread with interest.

Last edited by Dbvwt on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit)
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:39 pm

Yes, the power button on the EC500 does that.

In all previous Sargent systems it was necessary to remove vehicle and leisure battery fuses from the PSU and either disconnect or cover any solar panel to reset the system. It was quicker and easier to remove and unplug the control panel to do it but the multiway connector is quite delicate so best done by someone with experience of such equipment.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Raymond53 Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:00 pm

Tried that but does nothing
Raymond53
Raymond53

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:08 pm

I should have asked this first, is the van connected to a 230v hookup? If not I guess your leisure battery may be flat. If you are connected then I suggest you telephone Sargent and ask their advice: 01482 678981
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:29 pm

Hi , shame the "easyfix" didn't  work ,worth a try ! but Peter is correct in saying Sargent really are helpful, which is a welcome change, next port of call methinks ! Best of luck    Kind regards       Paul wave
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:29 pm

Peter Brown wrote:The first thing to try is to switch off the EC500 power supply.  When you switch it on again the system will reset.
or shutdown (different button to on/off switch)
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:55 pm

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:The first thing to try is to switch off the EC500 power supply.  When you switch it on again the system will reset.
or shutdown (different button to on/off switch)

Good point, I may have been ambiguous but that is what I meant.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

EC480 Digital Control Panel (Symbol) Empty EC 480

Post by D40DJH Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:36 pm

I am on the 5th panel on my kemerton xl and the van is 3 years old in April.  I actually collected it from the dealer yesterday. 
Autosleeper are now telling the dealer that it is no longer in warranty, I only get failures in the winter and usually when we have been out and used the heater on gas and the leisure battery.
It is only the LCD that fails so I cannot read the water tank levels or battery charge.
I honestly think that neither the dealer autosleeper or sergeant know what is causing the problem.
I hope you get on better than I am doing.
D40DJH
D40DJH

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton xl

Back to top Go down

Post by bl55 Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:00 pm

D40DJH,

Sounds like a similar problem to one that we had. We went through two panels. The second one was last January. We were away in Bruges for a week. The panel worked fine while we were there. Drove to Eurotunnel, and when we arrived there, the display had failed. We had it replaced under Sergeant warranty (they give a year guarantee on the unit). I sent the failed unit back to Sergeant, for them to analyse. Their assessment was that it had failed due to water damage.

I think that the likely cause was condensation building up on the bodywork above the EC480 that dripped onto the back of the display when we drove to Calais. There is very poor insulation behind the EC480, and nothing to protect the back of the unit from water dropping onto it. 

I've essentially done a bodge - I've hacked a chunk of polystyrene packaging into a sort of protective case that I've jammed into the void behind the EC480. So far it seems to have done the trick. 

It's either poor workmanship or design on the part of Autosleeper that left this part of the body uninsulated.
bl55
bl55

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:44 pm

bl55 wrote:
It's either poor workmanship or design on the part of Autosleeper that left this part of the body uninsulated.
Can't help think it could also have been a misdiagnosis by Sergeant or even a faulty Sargeant panel?
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by BazJools Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:50 pm

I remember reading this thread and disregarding it. Mistake! Just returned from two wet and cold nights at Abbey Wood and our display has failed similarly to others. 
Tried all the resets mentioned in this and a previous thread but no joy. On inspecting the unit there are traces of verdigris on the ribbon cable connector to the LCD so it seems the previous thoughts re condensation were correct. The AS insulation in this area is pretty much a token effort ( as I've found in other places). The unit itself is so thin that it's very easy to fashion a waterproof cover behind which I've done along with stuffing a load more insulation in. The unit is currently in the airing cupboard hoping it may revive but I think it's a lost cause. Sargent away on their Xmas holidays so will have to wait a while for a replacement. At 200 quid a pop I would say it's well worth any Kemerton or Symbol owners removing a couple of screws and having a look.
BazJools
BazJools

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down