The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick query

5 posters

Go down

Warwick query Empty Warwick query

Post by crumb Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:01 pm

I hope someone on the site can help with a query, I've just bought a 2008 Warwick and actualy read the manual, strange but true. There are 2 switches that don't get a mention, they are located on the sink side of the protruding facier between the worktop and overhead lockers, they are of the same type as the awning light switch just inside the sliding door with red neons, i suspect one may be for the electric hot water heater control but don't know which one and what the other is for, I am a bit dubious of just switching them on to see what happens. Also has anyone found a way to reduce the wind noise through the cooker extractor when on the move?
crumb
crumb
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Warwick query Empty Answer to query

Post by crumb Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:32 pm

I suppose the silence speaks volumes as in the switches must be a rarity so I contacted AS and spoke to a very helpful chap, after sending him some photos he sent back an email the same day to say they are for emersion heaters in the fresh and grey water tanks and work of a froststat, I can only imagine that these sort of controls are mainly found on coachbuilts, still no word about the extractor noise though.
crumb
crumb
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Warwick query Empty Re: Warwick query

Post by grasscutter Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:53 pm

Sounds like a user mod to me and, as I write while it is freezing, a very useful one. Watch out for battery drain though if the van is unused in this weather and you have both switches on. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : sigma

Back to top Go down

Warwick query Empty Factory fit?

Post by crumb Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi grasscutter

The impression i got from AS was that these are a factory fit option, i guess anyone who has bought new will be able to say whether they are on the options list or not, the switches are AS, the same as the awning light switch. As for the drain on the battery the tanks are now drained so the switches will stay off untill we are away and hooked up, having said that they do operate totaly independant of mains hook up or the 12V isolation control panel, just a switch and froststat to control them, i will have to see if the neons light up when the temperature increases.
crumb
crumb
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 pm

certainly come in handy this weather Crumb

As a matter of interest if you have any queries on the van AS will always advise if you give them the build number which is on sticker in the glove box, they can tell you all about its original build
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:03 pm

crumb wrote:............ still no word about the extractor noise though.

Hi there,

Don't have an extractor hood myself but most filters are fitted with a removable and/or washable filter. up!

If the filter has been removed there is nothing to stop external noise getting into the van so that could be the problem. wave

Otherwise I would check that the external fittings are properly secured and not vibrating in any way. wave

Hope this helps. up!

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by grasscutter Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi Crumb, Sounds like you've got it sussed. We bought our van new in November 2007, the year before yours was registered, but I didn't see such an option then. Since I posted I have looked at the full AS 2007 options list for all the Peugeot vans, which I have kept, and it doesn't figure. The Warwick was a high spec van and AS obviously added more very quickly after its introduction. cheers G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Warwick query Empty Exttractor filter

Post by crumb Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:01 pm

After Dutto's sugestion I've had a good ratch around and for the life of me I cannot find a filter in the extractor, the hood above the cooker doesn't come away when the screws are removed and when I had a look under the mushroom shaped vent on the top there is only a fan there so I'm still none the wiser and it's still noisy! scratch head
crumb
crumb
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grasscutter Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Hi Crumb, Our Omni-vent was retro fitted by Marquis prior to delivery. There is No filter of any sort, nor do the installation instructions mention one. The finger twist that lifts the roof cover clicks positively into about 3 height of lift positions, lifting at the rear only, and I always ensure that I give a hefty twist when closing to the final shut position. It might be worth climbing up to the roof to look while someone operates it fo you. We are also in the habit of leaving the blind shut for most of the time and always when driving. We have needed to tighten the fixing screws once when a small rattle began but we haven't experienced wind noise. Probably drowned out by the other noises! G

Last edited by grasscutter on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : supposedly inappropriate word, thats the English Language for you)
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Warwick query Empty Final answer

Post by crumb Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:53 pm

I now have the definitive answer on the vent after a discussion with Alan in the parts department. content

The confusion has come from the manual telling me the van is fitted with a Dometic cooker hood when it isn't, i guess the manuals are generic but that can spread confusion, it turns out it is a factory built device with the fan and vent in the roof and the metal plate with the cut outs and lights manufactured by a fabrication company near the AS factory, there is no filter though there is in the Dometic one all confused
crumb
crumb
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Warwick query Empty wind noise via extractor vent

Post by alanm Thu May 09, 2013 9:21 am

hi My 2008 Warwick sounds exactly the same. with zero filter or obstruction from hood to outside in roof? I have actually fitted quick release clips instead of screws to hood and drop down slip in foam seal packer when not in use and remove when in use (must remember to remove of course) to help with hood will not drop when screws removed its simply stuck with sealer so slowly gently pull downwards.

Hope it heps if you have found any better solution the let us know.

Cheers smile!
alanm
alanm

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick

Back to top Go down

Warwick query Empty Extractor noise

Post by crumb Fri May 10, 2013 10:22 am

thanks alanm I will have another look at the steel plate, though my memory, which isn't great, tells me it was getting stuck on the silver edge trim, i'll have to have another go.
crumb
crumb
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by alanm Sat May 11, 2013 6:17 am

crumb wrote:thanks alanm I will have another look at the steel plate, though my memory, which isn't great, tells me it was getting stuck on the silver edge trim, i'll have to have another go.

If it is the silver trims catching the plate they are simply removed by pulling downwards and they tap back in with a piece of wood or strong fist.

Good Luck
alan smile!
alanm
alanm

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by alanm Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:26 am

crumb wrote:I hope someone on the site can help with a query, I've just bought a 2008 Warwick and actually read the manual, strange but true. There are 2 switches that don't get a mention, they are located on the sink side of the protruding facial between the worktop and overhead lockers, they are of the same type as the awning light switch just inside the sliding door with red neons, i suspect one may be for the electric hot water heater control but don't know which one and what the other is for, I am a bit dubious of just switching them on to see what happens. Also has anyone found a way to reduce the wind noise through the cooker extractor when on the move?

Hi Crumb I'm probably to late for you but, I have cured road noise from cooker extractor roof vent. I simply removed top dome hat; it just twists and lifts off like coffee jar lid, then cut a piece of bendy smooth plastic and clued it in a semi circle shape around front edge of underside of dome (outer lip) then twisted back on and it sealed off gap between dome and roof top , but allowed extractor to vent. Cheers Alan allthumbz
alanm
alanm

Male

Back to top Go down