The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

battery charging query

2 posters

Go down

battery charging query Empty battery charging query

Post by hamps_w Mon May 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Evening all,

We are still getting to grips with our 1992 T4 Trident. And I have a questions around the leisure battery and charging:

We have a zig MC-2000 Unit in the van. Which I think doesn't operate properly. The Water gauge doesn't work, and the battery lights don't light up, either green or red. There is a leisure battery in the rear (stupidly placed bang in the middle of the boot floor, so hampers load capacity). I cannot for the life of me find a switch to indicate that I have a charger that will charge the battery when on 240v hook up. As I understand it this was optional extra. Fine...I can live with that...although would be interested to know if this is a cheap and easy retrofit?

So, if the leisure battery doesn't charge when on 240v. Does it charge when we are driving? If not, then I guess I need to charge to when at home?

hamps_w
hamps_w

Male

Member Age : 44
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

battery charging query Empty battery charging.

Post by fisherman3 Mon May 27, 2013 10:38 pm

in our 1992 rapsody the battery charges when driving(as most autosleepers do.the hook up charger was an optional extra on most models.if yours is such it is easy to fit a charger to the leisure battery(the cheapest way to get on site charging).if you need to contact me and i will fill you in about it .
fisherman3
fisherman3

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : rambler

Back to top Go down