The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Status 315 Aerial

4 posters

Go down

Status 315 Aerial Empty Status 315 Aerial

Post by Paulmold Sat May 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Got back home today from 5 days up the Lancashire coast only to find my Status Aerial lying on its side on the roof. Step-ladders out to find it has snapped just below the top of the footplate. Will have to investigate further tomorrow to see if I can get away with just a new footplate (around £15 on ebay) or a complete new aerial (around £80). Does anyone on here know if it really makes a difference if it has red graphics or blue as one on ebay says the blue ones don't pick up digital. Mine hardly has any graphics left on it but it looks as though the graphics are silver, maybe faded blue.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Status 315 Aerial Empty Re: Status 315 Aerial

Post by plattypus Sat May 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi Paul
That's a real pain. Ours has come off a few times when it has hit an overhanging branch, but always managed to push it back in.
Ours is Red lettering & picks up digital. Really don't know if blue lettering any different. Hope you get it sorted.
plattypus
plattypus
plattypus
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : 2006 Symbol ES

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Sat May 21, 2011 7:35 pm

That's a niusance, more expense.
Well Paul just for you I have been out to the van, climbed on the roof fallen down, cracked my head and ripped the aerial from the roof.

No not really I'm only joking hugegrins hugegrins
I can see from the ground "Status 315" in RED on the underside of the saucer. Mine works fine on digital.

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat May 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks guys for your sympathy. If I have to replace the whole thing, once I've pulled out the broken bit of shaft from the footplate at least it looks a simple job to replace as they come ready wired to simply thread through the base into the cupboard below. If I can salvage the top and only replace the base, this may be cheaper but I've then got to reseal the new base to the roof and maybe rewire it unless I can pull it through and rethread it again. We'll see tomorrow.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat May 21, 2011 11:23 pm

I have a feeling you can get spare parts for them try contacting Grade via http://www.gradeuk.co.uk you never know you might be able to get the broken bit.

Sorry about your damage but funny I saw a late model Duetto near Chester with a dangly omnidirectional that had hit something.

If you are near the A55 on Tues am look out for 2 Autosleepers with ASOF forum stickers ( you might catch us on A55 web cams web site !) Most reliable traffic info
source from Chester to Anglesey
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon May 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Well having waited for the rain to stop here, I've been up the step-ladders to have a closer look at what has happened. It is a central tube of the base-plate that has snapped and left the broken piece in the 'saucer's base. This is held in the 'pole adaptor' as its called by 2 allen screws which won't undo because they are rusted solid. If they had been removable then all I would have needed would be a new base-plate but as I can't remove the screws a new pole adaptor is required as well as base-plate. All available from Grade Uk, the makers. Spoke to a chap in the service department who talked me through it all. Couldn't have been more helpful. Items ordered and on the way, total cost £29 inc P&P, better than £85/90 for complete new kit.
What was surprising is that although my Symphony is a 1997, the aerial is a pre-1995 model, identified by the type of booster box in the van. The chap was pleasantly surprised to hear that we get a perfect picture on digital, even though the model we have pre-dates digital. Just got to fit the bits now.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon May 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Glad you got sorted
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Mon May 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Nice result Paul. It's good to find a company that is helpful to its customers up!

squip
squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down