The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma Ultrastore top hose leak

2 posters

Go down

Truma Ultrastore top hose leak Empty Truma Ultrastore top hose leak

Post by mikemelson Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:06 pm

On my Symbol, the top red plastic hose connection on the Truma Ultrastore water heater is leaking, I have tightened it up with grips as much as I dare but there is still a slight leak.
I need a new connection, anyone got any idea where I can get one or what it's called? can't see it under Truma spares so I guess it comes under plumbing or something.
Also, how does does this connection fit onto the plastic tubing, I can't make out whether its compression or a push fit.
any info will be gratefully received.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultrastore top hose leak Empty Truma connector

Post by ubuntu1 Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:44 am

Any good caravan or m/h shop will stock them. They are a very common item. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just watch for the fitting type, it will be either push fit or screw fit (hand tighten only).

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultrastore top hose leak Empty Re: Truma Ultrastore top hose leak

Post by mikemelson Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:42 pm

ubuntu1 wrote:Any good caravan or m/h shop will stock them. They are a very common item. See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just watch for the fitting type, it will be either push fit or screw fit (hand tighten only).

Hi.
Many thanks for the info, I followed the link which turned out to be Abergavenny Caravans, I went to their online shop where they showed 6 different elbow fittings none of which looked like mine, now I'm getting really confused.

So I phoned AutoSleepers parts dept. where I've ordered one that sounds exactly like mine, but it comes unassembled with 'O' rings & an insert.

The problem is, how do I assemble it? & how do I get the old one off the red semi rigid plastic pipe?, I've tried pulling really hard but it doesn't budge, maybe there's something i should release first.

Anyone done this before?

Last edited by mikemelson on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultrastore top hose leak Empty truma

Post by ubuntu1 Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Okay its difficult to describe via email but here goes. Take a look at the fitting on the semi rigid 12mm pipe. You should see a little collar, push it towards the fitting and at the same time pull the fitting off. Its the pushing in of the collar that releases it.

Good luck, if you struggle give me a call. My phone number can be found on my web site.

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : M/H engineer

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultrastore top hose leak Empty Re: Truma Ultrastore top hose leak

Post by mikemelson Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:59 pm

ubuntu1 wrote:Okay its difficult to describe via email but here goes. Take a look at the fitting on the semi rigid 12mm pipe. You should see a little collar, push it towards the fitting and at the same time pull the fitting off. Its the pushing in of the collar that releases it.

Good luck, if you struggle give me a call. My phone number can be found on my web site.

The elbow turned up from A/S (£6 cheaper than ebay) fitted it no problem. Turns out that the 'O' ring was mangled.

Many thanks for your advice.

Kind regards, Mike,

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Truma Ultrastore top hose leak Empty ultrastore

Post by ubuntu1 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:29 pm

No problem, glad your sorted out.

Male