The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing rear lap belts for 3 point belts

2 posters

Go down

Changing rear lap belts for 3 point belts Empty Changing rear lap belts for 3 point belts

Post by kenziekoo Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi,

We have just bought our first autosleeper camper and I am worried about the seatbelt situation for the children

There are 2 lapbelts fitted in the rear, my kids 4 (but tall) and 7 usually sit on boosters, I know legally this will be ok in the camper as its a 1992 model, but is it really the best thing for them?

Anyone got any experience of this or had 3 point seatbelts fitted and can give me some advice, I am really nervous to travel with them and dont know if i am just being silly??

Go easy on me I am new to all this!!!

Thanks x
kenziekoo
kenziekoo

Female

Member Age : 47
Auto-Sleeper Model : trident

Back to top Go down

Changing rear lap belts for 3 point belts Empty Re: Changing rear lap belts for 3 point belts

Post by Dutto Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:52 am

Hi there,

This is an often asked question so don't worry! up!

Please read the post at:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and see if it answers your question; especially with regard to the kids! allthumbz

My how times change! My own kids managed to survive rattling around in the back of an A40 van with no seats, no seat-belts and with only "I told you to sit down!" shouted at them when a "thud" was followed by noisy crying!! Whistle1 Whistle1

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down