The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storage ideas needed for Duetto

+11
Bulletguy
Harper22
Doris
Paulmold
mikemelson
ejgaking
-mojo-
newterry
Tommy-Darcy
Dutto
sharloid
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Storage ideas needed for Duetto  - Page 2 Empty Re: Storage ideas needed for Duetto

Post by Bulletguy Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:44 pm

mikemelson wrote:

I have found this tray strong enough for the heaviest chopping & cutting, with this & the folding worktop & the sink top we have plenty of room for preparing full scale meals.
These two worktops travel behind the back cushion of the setee & when the bed is down they stash on top of the cooker.

Very neat job there Mike.

I've seen an almost identical 'set up' to yours (I think it was hinged), to place a microwave on.

Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Storage ideas needed for Duetto  - Page 2 Empty Re: Storage ideas needed for Duetto

Post by breakaleg Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:34 pm

We use those plastic shoe pockets, they come with a coat hanger attached, in this van we hung it in the wardrobe and filled the pockets with lots of bits and bobs like tv remote, phone chargers, camera etc, on our clubman, we cut the coat hanger off, removed the trim under the mirror in the clubman and kept all our toiletries in it.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Minniesmum Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Bulletguy wrote:
mikemelson wrote:

I have found this tray strong enough for the heaviest chopping & cutting, with this & the folding worktop & the sink top we have plenty of room for preparing full scale meals.
These two worktops travel behind the back cushion of the setee & when the bed is down they stash on top of the cooker.

Very neat job there Mike.

I've seen an almost identical 'set up' to yours (I think it was hinged), to place a microwave on.

Some useful and interesting storage ideas here - up! At the moment my microwave sits on top of the sink board top. My Symphony ( 97' ) has an oven that I've not used and unlikely to and so wish I could remove it and slot the microwave in but the cooker is all in one. So I shuffle things around in order to cook/ wash-up. The removeable worktop across from fridge to bathroom wall would be useful. Food for thought..Also looking at installing a small storage unit above the fold-down tele table as others have mentioned.
Minniesmum
Minniesmum

Female

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclops2 Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:54 pm

I have made a box with lid that fits in front of the rear doors and goes up to the toilet compartment. Measurement 50x50x22 cms high. It holds tools, ramps, cables, meter etc. The fridge opens over the top. When on site it is taken out and put under van but if wildcamping remains in van

Pete
cyclops2
cyclops2

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1998 Duetto

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2