The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

advice needed ext storage box on a Trophy

3 posters

Go down

advice needed  ext storage box on a Trophy Empty advice needed ext storage box on a Trophy

Post by MRW Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi All
 I have a 94 Trophy and want to fit an external storage box has anyone done this ?
I would prefer if possible to fit it directly to the rear and not to a cycle rack  so as to keep the overall length down .
 I do have a tow bar fitted and this could be used to support the weight but the toilet door is the main problem .
 is there such a thing as a side hinged way of fitting a box so that I could still access the toilet cassette ?.
 I am not looking to carry a lot of weight just a couple of folding chairs silver screen power cable etc 

Any suggestions advice photos  would be very much appreciated .
Thank you in advance and a Happy New year to All.
Mike
MRW
MRW

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy

Back to top Go down

advice needed  ext storage box on a Trophy Empty Re: advice needed ext storage box on a Trophy

Post by landyman Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:39 pm

This what I did on the back of my Talisman. I bought the box on e bay. I then took apart the cycle rack and reused the parts to build a support under the box so that the box sits close to the body. Can take more photos if needed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
landyman
landyman

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

advice needed  ext storage box on a Trophy Empty Re: advice needed ext storage box on a Trophy

Post by MRW Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Very interesting landyman  food for thought .
Thank you for taking the trouble to reply and send photo.
 regards 
 mike
MRW
MRW

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MRW Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi All 
 Still looking for storage box ideas for the rear of my Trophy ?
ANY TROPHY owners out there added a rear external storage box ?
Regards to All 
Mike
MRW
MRW

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty's Mum Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:01 pm

I wouldn't put a box on the back of mine - I have a tow bar mounted bike rack which is a nuisance when emptying the loo casette so anything more substantial would be a complete pain.  There is also the extra weight issue as the Trophy is already an extended swb vehicle and a box would only add to the overhang, but that is just my opinion smile!
Betty's Mum
Betty's Mum

Female

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW T4 Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by MRW Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi Betty's Mum 
 thank you for your reply and comments .
 Re the box interfering with the Toilet cassette I was thinking of something off center, i.e. between the the cassette hatch and the offside lights. But i do take your point about the extension/ overhange and weight.
 I am hoping someone has already done this on a Trophy and will come up with an opinion / recommendation or heaven forbid a disaster story.!!!!
   Thanks again for your comments
Mike
MRW
MRW

Male

Back to top Go down