The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick xl heating

3 posters

Go down

Warwick xl heating Empty Warwick xl heating

Post by eddie1 Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 pm

I've just ordered a warwick xl at the NEC, I was told that the heating could run on gas only (I assume with electric blowing the heat around the van), Electric only ie with built in heating elements no gas being used or both gas and electric together. As I was also told that the toilet had its own header tank which it also says in the   Autosleepers booklet, but on inspection found it does not apparently this is an error in the booklet.
I am now wondering if the electric only heating is also an error is there anyone I assume with an xl who can let me know this is true or not.
Many thanks 
Eddie1
eddie1
eddie1

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : None

Back to top Go down

Warwick xl heating Empty warwick xl heating and toilet

Post by narrow escape Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:32 pm

hi their,no problem with the warwick xl
initially you may find control system tricky,but easy when you get used to it.the heating system will run on gas only,electric only or you can run both together for instant warm up, the circulation fan is 12v.if you wild camp it's gas only as is the fridge
the toilet draws the flush water via pump from fresh water supply it is not a stored tank.
                                                                             good choice of van enjoy
narrow escape
narrow escape

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : autosleeper warwick

Back to top Go down

Warwick xl heating Empty Warwick xl heating

Post by eddie1 Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Many thanks for that just what I wanted to hear, thanks for bothering to reply.
eddie1
eddie1

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None

Back to top Go down

Warwick xl heating Empty warwick xl heating

Post by narrow escape Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:19 pm

sorry eddie,ive just re-read your question.the heating will work only on electric when your plugged in on site to 240v supply, you pre-set temp say 20deg then you have a choice of circulation fan speed eco (low background warmth)or high (colder periods) if you have just returned to the van and want to boost the system then you can add gas to run with the electric to boost the warm up.when you do not have 240v then your system is gas only for heat using 12v to supply air circulation from heater.
                                                                         regards john
narrow escape
narrow escape

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : autosleeper warwick

Back to top Go down

Warwick xl heating Empty Re: Warwick xl heating

Post by Jools Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:40 pm

Hi Eddie, we also ordered a Warwick XL at the NEC - exciting times!

If you ordered the "Winter pack" the heater is also upgraded. 

I was told, at the show that this meant that the electrical heater was upgraded from 2kw, to 6 kW.

Looking at the Truma website, I belive this is incorrect (I wish salesmen knew the products they were selling)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The thermal output is upgraded from 4kw to 6kw, but the output in 240v only mode is the same on both. It's when you use the combined gas+240v mode that you get the increased output. So my conclusion is that the upgraded version has a bigger gas burner.

Anyway, should make it nice and toasty in winter.
Jools
Jools

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down