The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice please - again.

3 posters

Go down

Advice please - again. Empty Advice please - again.

Post by allanwbrown Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:58 pm

Hi Folks - I had a breakdown this morning - Auto-stop kicked-in in stop start traffic and wouldn't start again. Smack in middle of a busy road and no volunteers to help me push her onto a verge.
RAC called who said battery was faulty and a new one was required - No choice I felt and new one fitted.
It appears the new one isn't charging (according to control panel) and solar isn't shown as drawing juice from the skies.
Any thoughts/advice as to what the fault may be (fuse??) would be most welcome.
Thank you once again.
Allan.
allanwbrown
allanwbrown
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Advice please - again. Empty Re: Advice please - again.

Post by Roopert Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:25 pm

Yes, I would start by checking all of the fuses.

If that doesn't show up any problems, the best thing to do (IMO) on a 2023 van is to take it back to the supplying dealer for them to address under warranty. That way they should (in theory) fix it in a way that means it won't keep happening.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheppy Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:02 pm

Allan,
As Roopert mentioned, on a ‘23 van, dealer visit/call definitely, you said RAC called, I’ll assume via Fiat breakdown, either way hopefully you got a receipt for the battery as it may help later. Over weekend, if it’s 2023 and has Lithium leisure fitted you could check the Sargent DC-DC charger is charging the leisure battery while engine running(or if not lithium the split charge system should be charging the leisure the same while engine running) that would at least prove the alternator is supplying charge, and therefore should charge van battery-or possibly point to fault between alternator and van battery.
The solar as you are probably aware can at least be checked again just by selecting the leisure to prove that working at least from the panel through the controller and Sargent system to the leisure, that would at least again narrow down fault forward to the van battery. 
You should see the van battery with a higher voltage at least just after engine running/driving again to help prove alternator ok(even with smart alternator after a run, or put some load on, lights etc to get it to generate charging voltage as such)
The receipt may just help either way if dealer pushes you toward Fiat for warranty/fault checking
Cheers Sheppy
Sheppy
Sheppy

Male

Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Post by allanwbrown Sat Aug 17, 2024 9:47 am

Many thanks to Sheppy and Roopert - I think the best bet is to go to the dealership with battery receipt in hand and see where that gets me.
Take care all
allanwbrown
allanwbrown
Donator
Donator

Male

Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down