The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EL Spare Wheel carrier

+3
Paulmold
Tinwheeler
Scooby3
7 posters

Go down

Broadway EL Spare Wheel carrier  Empty Broadway EL Spare Wheel carrier

Post by Scooby3 Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:00 pm

On our new Broadway EL we were supplied with a loose spare wheel and no spare wheel carrier.  The dealer spoke to Autosleeper and they said Autosleeper do not provide a spare wheel carrier under the floor.  I have tried several times to get this resolved but the dealer blames Autosleeper and Autosleeper don't respond.  The sales brochure for the 2023 model (ours) clearly says spare wheel and carrier as does the 2024 brochure

Any suggestions??
Scooby3
Scooby3

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Broadway EL Spare Wheel carrier  Empty Re: Broadway EL Spare Wheel carrier

Post by Tinwheeler Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:28 pm

Go back to the dealer and insist they supply a means of securely carrying the spare wheel.

Your contract of sale is with them and they are responsible for supplying a fit for purpose motorhome. Clearly a loose spare wheel is neither safe nor conducive to making the van fit for purpose.

Whatever transpires, or doesn’t, between AS and the dealer is not your concern.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:29 pm

Unfortunately there's always the get-out clause - 'we reserve the right to alter specifications '.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:54 pm

If that is true I am surprised that it hasn’t been raised before on here. Interesting to hear from any body who has taken delivery of a new van recently, particularly as the 2024 spec. includes spare wheel and carrier and handbook tells you to careful when lowering it.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:47 pm

Ridiculous!

What are you supposed to do? Put it in the toilet?!

Get the dealer to sort it out, pronto.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:19 pm

Was a puncture kit  and compressor supplied ?

All new Boxers only come with puncture kit, a spare wheel is a £200 option. Obviously this isn't the answer, if it's listed by AS as coming as standard then it should be but as I said earlier, the spec can be changed.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:46 pm

Completely ridiculous.  Who is your dealer?  If its Marquis, they are Auto-Sleepers!  Auto-sleepers DO provide a spare wheel carrier and if the dealer is saying otherwise they are talking nonsense but no surprises there if the dealer is Marquis!  The van shouldn't have left the factory without the spare wheel carrier.  If you are getting no joy from your dealer, try ringing the Auto-Sleepers Service Centre in Willersey on 01386 853 511.  As it's a warranty issue, they should be able to resolve it.  They did most of my warranty work.  I suppose a complication might be that the spare wheel carrier is part of the base vehicle spec and therefore a Peugeot/Fiat issue but that's for Auto-Sleepers to sort out.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Richard G Tue Jul 16, 2024 12:06 am

Scooby3 wrote:On our new Broadway EL we were supplied with a loose spare wheel and no spare wheel carrier.  The dealer spoke to Autosleeper and they said Autosleeper do not provide a spare wheel carrier under the floor.  I have tried several times to get this resolved but the dealer blames Autosleeper and Autosleeper don't respond.  The sales brochure for the 2023 model (ours) clearly says spare wheel and carrier as does the 2024 brochure

Any suggestions??
My 2021 Broadway EL has spare wheel under at back with a winder access on side.

But i dont see a safe way of getting it out from under vehicle especially if jacked up on flimsy jack provided, especially on a motorway hard shoulder !
Richard G
Richard G

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

RML likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:29 am

A further thought - as Peugeot/Fiat provided A-S with the spare wheel they should also have provided A-S with the carrier and the airline needed to check the tyre's pressure.  It might be worth taking the matter up with Peugeot/Fiat through one of their dealers and at the same time find out how much it will cost to have one fitted.  It's not the same but VW supplied my son with an iD3 without a spare or puncture repair kit.  He only realised this after he had his first puncture! VW then supplied the puncture repair kit FOC as it should have been included with the vehicle. 

As Richard G has said, removing the spare wheel from its carrier is a bit of an effort but it can be done and should be practised at home if only to ensure the mechanism works and the tyre is OK.

Another mystery is how did the dealer explain the lack of a wheel carrier when the motorhome was handed over?  Where was the spare wheel and how was it secured?  Every spare wheel I have ever had, including in caravans, has always been secured.  I would have thought it was a legal requirement if a spare is carried.  There is no way I would have accepted the motorhome without a carrier.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:05 am

I asked on a FB group if anyone had recently taken delivery of a Broadway and if it was supplied with spare wheel and carrier. This is one reply...
"We recently bought a new Broadway and checked underneath…no carrier and spare wheel…asked where it was and was told it would be ordered in…and we got it fitted 2 weeks later"

So push for it.

Donator
Donator

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooby3 Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:48 pm

Thanks for all your comments - we are chasing up with the dealer but they still blame Autosleeper.   For our last trip the dealer supplied an second hand inflater/sealant (expired) to get us out of trouble but no permanent solution offered  Whistle1 

We have numerous other issues that need to get resolved.....watch this space - I'm giving the dealer one more chance to fix!
Scooby3
Scooby3

Male

Vehicle Year : 2023

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down