The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Control panel saying I’m on hook up?

3 posters

Go down

Control panel saying I’m on hook up? Empty Control panel saying I’m on hook up?

Post by CC Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:48 am

Just spent the night at a pub stopover in the New Forrest & when I’ve just started up & pulled away I got a high pitched alarm sound, pulled over & checked the rear to find the control panel warning me that my engine is running whilst I’m plugged in? Clearly I wasn’t plugged in as we had no electric, why would the panel give this warning? 
Control panel saying I’m on hook up? Img_3711

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Control panel saying I’m on hook up? Empty Re: Control panel saying I’m on hook up?

Post by Dbvwt Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:35 am

Because it’s a computer… and a Sargent computer!!

Joking aside, I take it you have powered everything off/on to reset it?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Control panel saying I’m on hook up? Empty Re: Control panel saying I’m on hook up?

Post by CC Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:36 am

It’s fine now… I hadn’t powered down the control panel before moving off so that may have triggered it, don’t usually worry as everything goes off when you start the engine, only thing I can think of, just hadn’t happened previously, having said this I’m still getting used to things.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:17 pm

On mine before disconnecting from the EHU I turn the Truma heating and hot water OFF and then turn the Truma CP OFF.  I then turn everything off on the EC700 CP including its Power Button but not the EC700 PSU under the seat.  I once started the engine whilst still connected to an EHU to read the wretched LPG gauge and had all the alarms you have experienced.  I cleared it eventually by shutting down the EC700 PSU which as Dbvwt has said is a bit like shutting down a computer to clear a fault. Has the P 948 whatever that means cleared from the Truma CP?
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down