The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zig X-3 Help Please

5 posters

Go down

Zig X-3 Help Please Empty Zig X-3 Help Please

Post by patbhoy Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi, I am new to camper vanning and have recently bought a Renault Trafuic Autosleeper, it is fitted with a Zig X-3 charger unit. 
It came with no operating instructions and I wonder if anyone could help with a copy or if possible an online download for an operating manual. 
If none of the above then general advice on how to operate would be much appreciated. 

Thanks
Pat
patbhoy
patbhoy

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Renault Trafic Romer

Back to top Go down

Zig X-3 Help Please Empty Re: Zig X-3 Help Please

Post by -mojo- Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:22 am

My memory of Zig units is starting to fade (I owned a Rapport with a Zig X-3 in it a few years back) but the question is - do you really want instructions for the charger, or the van's control panel?

The charger is pretty simple - when it has mains connected and the power switch is on it charges the leisure battery and provides 12V to the internal equipment. The control panel is a different matter, as AS fitted quite a few variants, including some that were primarily designed for caravan use (so they have car and caravan symbols on).
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by patbhoy Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:20 pm

Hi

As Mojo suggested yes it is instructions for the control panel i need, I can switch the 12v on and off but would like to know what positions the switches should be in when travelling and on site when a hook up is connected.
There is also a thin rotating knob with set above it, what does this set?
All advice greatly accepted and appreciated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks
Pat
patbhoy
patbhoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by micknhilary Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi.
The 'thin rotating knob' is for setting the water indicator.
Fill your drinking water tank. Press the small button over the top of the T  R  Knob and hold it in. Then rotate the T R K  until the needle deflects to show the maximum on the scale. This then sets the display to show your water tank at maximum capacity. If you then over time use some water and wish to know how much is left press the small button and the needle will give you an indication.  or something like that.... its not terribly accurate.
Mick.
micknhilary
micknhilary
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : none
Vehicle Year : none

Back to top Go down

Post by patbhoy Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:18 pm

When I press the read button the green light illuminates which I assume means that I have a fully charged leisure battery. 
The thing is I never see the red charger light on, does this only come on when the battery has been run down and is being charged or should I see this on permenant. 
I found the charger behind a panel in a cupboard and the switch is at the on position but the green light below the switch is not illuminated. 
Being new to all of this I don't really know how things work and what lights should be on or off at any given time. 
Any advice would be really appreciated.
patbhoy
patbhoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Zig X-3 Help Please Empty Zig control panel

Post by petern Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Hello, it looks from the photo that you have the Zig MC3000 panel - if so it is identical to the one on my Rapport (1993 vintage).

If you can let me have your e-mail address I will scan and send you the relevant page about the panel from the Autosleeper Owners Manual that I have (although I should say that I do not have a charger).

Peter - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
petern
petern

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Rapport

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:57 pm

patbhoy wrote:Hi

As Mojo suggested yes it is instructions for the control panel i need, I can switch the 12v on and off but would like to know what positions the switches should be in when travelling and on site when a hook up is connected.
There is also a thin rotating knob with set above it, what does this set?
All advice greatly accepted and appreciated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks
Pat
Top left - press button to activate (alleged) level gauge for fresh water tank, should also activate the battery condition LEDs - green for good, red for bad. Thin knob underneath is to calibrate water gauge while pressing button in. Socket is a 12v accessory socket can't remember the name of the plug to fit it but they are available - fag lighter ones don't fit. Red LED for charger on, only works when on EHU, below that, red LED for fridge on 12v, should only light when engine is running. Switch is 12v system master switch for habitation side of van. Next two LEDs are battery condition mentioned in my first sentence. Top switch is for the freshwater pump, bottom one is for for the 12v socket.The blank bit is a cover for the fuses - squeeze the ends in to pop it out.
Positions of switches? matter of choice I suppose, I would leave the master on all the time unless I need to fiddle with something that might pop a fuse, or if I had need to kill the 12v side of things. Pump I would normally have off until I was parked up. Socket - on or off as required.

HTH
Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by patbhoy Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks Frank that's great and really helps.
Can't seem to calibrate the water tank, turn dial whilst pushing button but dial does not move but that's no big deal
You say the red light for the fridge only comes on if the engine is running, does that mean it can't run on 12v whilst parked up. U
patbhoy
patbhoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:58 pm

patbhoy wrote:Thanks Frank that's great and really helps.
Can't seem to calibrate the water tank, turn dial whilst pushing button but dial does not move
Fill the tank first and then set the gauge to full, they aren't very accurate though.

You say the red light for the fridge only comes on if the engine is running, does that mean it can't run on 12v whilst parked up. U
That's correct, it's designed that way as the fridge pull a lot of current and it would flatten your battery in no time.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Post by patbhoy Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Thanks again Frank, hopefully that's all my zig questions answered.

Cheers
Pat
patbhoy
patbhoy

Male

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum