The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can anyone help - wiper linkage and motor

4 posters

Go down

can anyone help - wiper linkage and motor Empty can anyone help - wiper linkage and motor

Post by Izzy128 Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:42 pm

Hi there!

New to this page and looking for some help if possible.

I've got an old (1998) Peugeot Boxer Auto sleeper Symbol but the wipers have stopped working.  I have managed to get a new motor for it but cannot for the life of me source a linkage unit for it anywhere!  

Mechanic says he thinks the linkage has seized up and that caused the motor to burn out.  Has anyone had this problem and can help with a solution?

Can I ask...can I use a newer (06 onwards) motor/linkage instead?  
I can get a unit the correct age but left hand drive instead of right hand drive - would this work?  
I don't care which way the wipers go so long as they work!  :D 

Thank you in advance for any help you can give,
Kind regards
Isobel.
Izzy128
Izzy128

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

can anyone help - wiper linkage and motor Empty Re: can anyone help - wiper linkage and motor

Post by Fixer Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:54 pm

If a replacement is just not available then I would get an engineer to refurbish it. Siezed bushes and bearings are replaceable but may not be cheap if it takes a couple of hours to repair.
A LHD unit will probably have the spindles in completely different places so would not fit although it may be suitable for donor parts.
Fixer
Fixer

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2015

Izzy128 likes this post

Back to top Go down

can anyone help - wiper linkage and motor Empty Re: can anyone help - wiper linkage and motor

Post by Tinwheeler Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:34 pm

As the wipers are part of the Peugeot base vehicle rather than the Auto Sleeper conversion, you may find further info on a Peugeot forum or website.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Izzy128 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:09 pm

Izzy128 wrote:Hi there!

New to this page and looking for some help if possible.

I've got an old (1998) Peugeot Boxer Auto sleeper Symbol but the wipers have stopped working.  I have managed to get a new motor for it but cannot for the life of me source a linkage unit for it anywhere!  

Mechanic says he thinks the linkage has seized up and that caused the motor to burn out.  Has anyone had this problem and can help with a solution?

Can I ask...can I use a newer (06 onwards) motor/linkage instead?  
I can get a unit the correct age but left hand drive instead of right hand drive - would this work?  
I don't care which way the wipers go so long as they work!  :D 

Thank you in advance for any help you can give,
Kind regards
Isobel.
I recently changed a motor.
Linkage was lubricated.
Have you changed your motor?
If removed could you not move the linkage?
It may be just one joint that has seized.
Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Izzy128 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzy128 Sun Jun 09, 2024 8:04 pm

Thanks folks! I'm going to have another chat with the mechanic tomorrow and see if the linkage can be refurbished or unseized and fitted to the new motor.   Also plan to ask Peugeot dealer for advice on using newer model.  Appreciate all the help and advice, cheers!
Izzy128
Izzy128

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down