The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor

+6
Tinwheeler
Avontourist
PLOUGHLIN
Caraman
Mike187
CC
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Empty Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor

Post by CC Mon May 27, 2024 11:15 am

Our Broadway EB is fitted with a Echomaster Mirror Monitor but unlike our last Broadway this only displays a rear view when you put it in reverse, as there’s no rear view other than the side door mirrors I would have liked this to have operated like the one on our last Broadway did where it displayed a rear view image as you drove along as well as reversing & of course you could switch it off as well if it was distracting. Looking in the Echomaster User Manual & Auto Sleepers manual it states that you can use the remote to switch between the modes? I don’t appear to have a remote in our pile of paperwork from the dealer so not sure if it had one or has not been passed over? Do others have this remote for theirs?

Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Img_0112
Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Img_0113
Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Img_0111

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Empty Re: Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor

Post by Mike187 Mon May 27, 2024 1:48 pm

I changed our camera for a dual camera system with a new monitor so I should have a remote somewhere, just checked in the garage but it’s not in the box with  the old monitor and other old electronics so it is probably in the van. Unfortunately that’s kept in storage but I can check later in the week if you want it.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK TB LP
Vehicle Year : 2013

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Empty Re: Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor

Post by CC Mon May 27, 2024 2:42 pm

That’s super kind of you Mike, if it’s definitely for the same Echomaster monitor? 

Have gone back to the dealer to see if they can check with the previous owner to see if he has the remote, but don’t hold out much hope as they don't seem to be too on the ball, he hasn’t unpaired the Broadways tracker so we couldn’t get it re activated despite the dealer talking to both Auto Sleepers & Sargent on day of collection, hope to get this sorted tomorrow as our insurance company insists upon a tracker but have given us a few days grace to get it sorted thankfully, also he hadn’t removed the Broadway from his Dart charge account so we were unable to register it, also left the tv bracket but removed the quick release plate with the tv rendering the bracket useless, this along with the remote are all niggles we could do without really…   uncertain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Mon May 27, 2024 4:26 pm

It is from a Vebra system, but  I think monitors and remotes are pretty much generic. My new monitor which has controls on it came with a remote for some reason, that looks identical to my old one. When I pick it up I’ll try it to see if it works the new monitor.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Mon May 27, 2024 4:43 pm

As you can see it's a very small remote that could easily go missing or be misplaced.  I have seen them for sale in an accessory shop so I'm sure you could get a new one if Mike can't find his:

Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Img_7217
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Mon May 27, 2024 4:55 pm

https://www.reversingcamerasuk.com/remote-control-for-rear-view-monitor.html

Version F works with a Veba monitor, so might work with yours.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Avontourist Mon May 27, 2024 7:35 pm

same type fitted to my malvern , you can switch it on when not reversing but it needs switching on every time you turn the ignition on .
Avontourist
Avontourist

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Malvern
Vehicle Year : 2022

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike187 Mon May 27, 2024 9:32 pm

Both my new one and old one are type F as on the website Ploughlin posted, but it will probably Thursday or Friday before I can check to see if it is in the van but I will let you know CC.

Mike

Donator
Donator

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed May 29, 2024 10:56 am

Found the remote, went into the glovebox looking for our Broadway's build number which incidentally is not there? Did Auto Sleeper move this in later motorhomes? Only to find the remote at the back of the glovebox, fitted a new battery & have managed to alter brightness which was turned right down, no wonder I could barely see it… Anyway I can access the settings but see no way to switch on the monitor while it’s not in reverse? What setting is it in the menu please? Many Thanks 👍🏻

Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Img_3510

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Wed May 29, 2024 11:00 am

There should also be a plate on the door pillar, Ed. The build number is at the bottom. P-
Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Img_5810
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

CC and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed May 29, 2024 11:14 am

How timely!  I too have just found my remote. Dies anyone have instrucions, please? I need to switch it from only showing when i engage reverse to constant showing when driving forward - for use abroad next month. 

Thanks!

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed May 29, 2024 11:33 am

Tinwheeler wrote:There should also be a plate on the door pillar, Ed. The build number is at the bottom. P-
Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Img_5810

Ah thanks Tinwheeler guess I was being Old school looking in the glovebox, figured they might have changed this system as I couldn’t find it 👍🏻

Male

Tinwheeler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed May 29, 2024 11:51 am

To switch on for driving forward, just press the red power button, works on my Veba anyway (sometimes).

Donator
Donator

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Wed May 29, 2024 11:52 am

A wee label in the glovebox saying it's now in the door would have helped other previous AS owners hugegrins hugegrins
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed May 29, 2024 12:31 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:To switch on for driving forward, just press the red power button, works on my Veba anyway (sometimes).

Thanks Ploughlin I’ll give that a try & see what happens 👍🏻

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Wed May 29, 2024 12:34 pm

No power to camera when not in reverse? It is possible that it is taking its power solely from the reversing light circuit. My old camera was wired like that, with the connection under the plastic step trim, offside door. If so you will need to break that connection and wire to a piggy back fuse on a switched fuse in the fuse box above.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

CC and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed May 29, 2024 12:53 pm

The Bargee wrote:No power to camera when not in reverse?  It is possible that it is taking its power solely from the reversing light circuit. My old camera was wired like that, with the connection under the plastic step trim, offside door. If so you will need to break that connection and wire to a piggy back fuse on a switched fuse in the fuse box above.

Around 2010 age, AS wired for reverse and ignition switched live so could be used when driving. If or when they stopped, i don't know.

Donator
Donator

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Wed May 29, 2024 1:00 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:

Around 2010 age, AS wired for reverse and ignition switched live so could be used when driving. If or when they stopped, i don't know.

Our 2010 Broadway EL definitely worked while driving or in reverse, it was a better system in my opinion as you just left it on or switched it off during night time driving, it switched from driving to reverse automatically which is more convenient & saves the need for the remote.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Wed May 29, 2024 2:02 pm

This what the A-S Handbook states:

....the default setting for the rear camera is to operate only when reverse gear is selected. If required, the mode of operation may be changed so that it functions as a full time rear view mirror. To do this, use the remote control supplied with the monitor and holding it close to the monitor, use the mode selection button to toggle between the two different functions.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed May 29, 2024 2:48 pm

Thanks very much to the many of you who kindly replied above. Shall try it tomorrow. 

Still unsure what the various buttons do on the remote (see CC’s photo above). 
Power - ok
Menu?
Mode?
Video?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Wed May 29, 2024 6:23 pm

Cymro wrote:Thanks very much to the many of you who kindly replied above. Shall try it tomorrow. 

Still unsure what the various buttons do on the remote (see CC’s photo above). 
Power - ok
Menu?
Mode?
Video?

Cymro

These are the Veba Remote instructions, not very informative, but some help.Broadway EB Reversing Camera Monitor  Veba_c13

Donator
Donator

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:12 pm

Success! Thanks to you, Ploughlin. Will be very useful when driving abroad later this month. 

Had the van 9 years and only discovered that facility now!

Many thanks,

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:21 pm

Cymro wrote:Success! Thanks to you, Ploughlin. Will be very useful when driving abroad later this month. 

Had the van 9 years and only discovered that facility now!

Many thanks,

Cymro

Glad to be of help. up!

Donator
Donator

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Jun 04, 2024 10:16 am

Meant to update sooner… I also have my camera monitor working while driving now, had to switch it to AV2, annoying you have to switch it on manually with the remote every time you start the vehicle, but at least I now have a rear view.

up!

Male

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:21 pm

CC wrote:Meant to update sooner… I also have my camera monitor working while driving now, had to switch it to AV2, annoying you have to switch it on manually with the remote every time you start the vehicle, but at least I now have a rear view.

up!

I have been told that if you have it on in reverse then switch ignition off before moving to neutral or park it comes on next time you switch ignition on and drive forward. Doesn't work on my MB base but worth a try.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next