The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blank screen on reversing monitor

+5
Caraman
Bobskate
Cymro
Bilbobaggins
mickpeters
9 posters

Go down

Blank screen on reversing monitor Empty Blank screen on reversing monitor

Post by mickpeters Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:40 am

Hi all, I have a Echomaster clip-on mirror monitor MM-70-CL fitted to my 2019 Bourton but when engaging reverse no image shows on the screen. It has worked fine up till now. I've tried playing with supplied the remote but still no image. The volume, contrast, colour etc. sliding scales show on the screen ok when selected. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
mickpeters
mickpeters

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Blank screen on reversing monitor Empty Re: Blank screen on reversing monitor

Post by Bilbobaggins Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:27 pm

There should be a plug from the monitor accessible if you track the cable from back of monitor, occasionally works loose so first step would be to check it is still firmly attached. Other possibilities can be found by searching for reversing camera in forum search box. Sometimes toggling between av1 and av2 on control also helps
Bilbobaggins
Bilbobaggins
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:35 pm

I tried using my remote for the first time in 9 years. It wouldn’t work ….. until I pulled out the film isolating the battery!!

Then switching on the power button toggled between reverse only and constant. 

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:33 pm

Cymro wrote:I tried using my remote for the first time in 9 years. It wouldn’t work ….. until I pulled out the film isolating the battery!!
Been there done that…brave man for admitting it. Same applies to the film on printer cartridges!
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:42 pm

mickpeters wrote:Hi all, I have a Echomaster clip-on mirror monitor MM-70-CL fitted to my 2019 Bourton but when engaging reverse no image shows on the screen. It has worked fine up till now. I've tried playing with supplied the remote but still no image. The volume, contrast, colour etc. sliding scales show on the screen ok when selected. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
This may be a different fault but on this thread you will see one of my symptoms was the Echomaster going blank which was rectified when I changed the EM40.  I didn't try using the remote.

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t44043-12v-supply-to-thetford-fridge
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnmg Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:54 pm

Anyone know which fuse supplies the reversing camera on a Fairford with a Veba AV70M .  Got the same blank reversing camera screen. Doesn't respond to remote at all. Changed batteries in remote. Could it be fuse or camera? Grateful for any ideas. Thanks.
Johnmg
Johnmg

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Wed Aug 28, 2024 11:41 pm

Most likely the rear camara lens has failed,
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:34 pm

Our camera became increasingly intermittent though AV2 was still displayed in the top corner. I asked A-S to check things out in July when we were there for a habitation check. They may have temporarily connected another camera because they reported our camera was OK. As they would need the van for 4 to 5 hours I decided that I would have a look at it myself when we came home.

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t44501-repairing-kmrtn-xl-intermittent-rear-camera

I still don't know where the connection box for the cables is hiding. Removing the front Remis blind was a step too far, fortunately I could repair the cable fault though it was an awkward soldering job.

So the cause of our camera fault was a cable associated with a micro-DIN in-line socket and plug near the Veba display.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Plymouthwelshboy Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:39 pm

Had to replace ours as the screen has failed. Our local motorhome centre which is very good testes everything to do with plugs fuses etc and eventually tracked it down to the simplest thing. The screen had failed 🙄
Plymouthwelshboy
Plymouthwelshboy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Oct 06, 2024 10:21 pm

There seems to be several causes of faults people report with their rear view camera.
The EM40 feed (Caraman), the remote (Cyrmro), the faulty Veba display (Plymouthwelshboy), the camera itself (several), a faulty conection associated with the micro-DIN connection to the VEBA display (myself), all of these have reported as their cause.

When trouble shooting I'd start with, can you see anything on the display, AV1, AV2, use of your remote to set some aspect of the display even when it is otherwise blank. If you pass this stage then my suggestion is that there is a fault interrupting the video feed. Yes it could be the camera, water ingress for example, but a complete blank would suggest to me a cable fault interrupting the video feed to the display or the display itself.

When we visited A-S a few months ago the technician mentioned that some camera had failed because of the tight route the cable was being required to follow. I know from my own re-connection to the Veba display just how many thin wires there were in the cable, added to that the rather complicated micro-DIN plug and socket tucked above the windscreen.

What I have realized is how little relevance might be my own experience to another owner's situation.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down