The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident on board Water Pump Replacement

4 posters

Go down

Trident on board Water Pump Replacement Empty Trident on board Water Pump Replacement

Post by marco vw Wed May 08, 2024 2:15 pm

Afternoon all. Just wondering if anyone has ever replaced the onboard water pump on a T4 Trident. From what i can figure out its located under the sink  behind the panels at the back of the cabinets, but i cant figure out how to get to it without either taking out all the cabinets that house the sink, fridge etc or cutting through the panel at the back. Cutting through the panel to get access would be the favoured option and i'll cover the hole with a new patch, but i wanted to check i'm not missing an easier way of doing this before i start hacking away
Many thanks  Trident on board Water Pump Replacement 1f600
marco vw
marco vw

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Trident on board Water Pump Replacement Empty Re: Trident on board Water Pump Replacement

Post by Caslon Wed May 08, 2024 5:01 pm

The panel should just pull away, maybe velcro holding it, long time since I had a trident
Caslon
Caslon

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Trident on board Water Pump Replacement Empty Re: Trident on board Water Pump Replacement

Post by Roopert Wed May 08, 2024 7:10 pm

I can't guarantee that the Trooper is the same, but on ours, the water pump is under a false floor in the unit. We did have to cut up the back panel as well, but that was to get to the water filler (previous owner had lost the key).
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Caslon Wed May 08, 2024 8:57 pm

just to say the Trident I had was a T25, so my comment may not apply
Caslon
Caslon

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoonvet Wed May 08, 2024 11:00 pm

In my old 99 Duetto the water pump was under the cooker - to the left of the sink. And the panel covering it pulled away - but was awkward.
Spoonvet
Spoonvet
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by marco vw Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:10 pm

Hi All. Thanks for the replies. As you suspected the bottom panel was removeable so no cutting required - i thought that the pump was mounted higher up but in the end it was relatively straightforward. Thanks again
marco vw
marco vw

Male

Member Age : 58
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Spoonvet likes this post

Back to top Go down