The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident water pump question from a newbie

3 posters

Go down

Trident water pump question from a newbie Empty Trident water pump question from a newbie

Post by MichaelP Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:49 am

Hello! Newbie here! 

I put some water in the fresh water tank to test the water pump this morning. The tap works well with good pressure. But when turned off it continues to pump on a kind of rapid cycle. Any one any idea what I need to do and how please? Thank you! 

Michael
MichaelP
MichaelP

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Trident water pump question from a newbie Empty Re: Trident water pump question from a newbie

Post by Mr Grey Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:34 pm

Hi Michael

How long did you leave it running for? There’s a pressure sensor in the water system which switches the pump off once the pressure has increased (with all the taps closed). Opening a tap creates a drop in pressure which turns the pump on again.

You may just have some air in the system. I sorted ours out by sucking on the shower hose until I has a good solid stream of water and letting the water run until all the spluttering stopped. The system now pressurises and de-pressurises perfectly.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003

MichaelP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Trident water pump question from a newbie Empty Re: Trident water pump question from a newbie

Post by inspiredron Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:35 pm

I'm assuming that you have a pressure switch operated system rather than microswitches in the taps.  
If so then check these in order.
1: Is the dump valve turned off? 
2: Do you have a water leak anywhere?
3: If the pressure switch is separate from the pump itself then that may need adjusting but 1 or 2 are more likely from your description.
Hope that helps.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

MichaelP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelP Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:15 am

Hello! Caravan engineer inspected yesterday. Turns out it needs a new tap..... Alongside various other items - booked in for 1st November. So much for the pre-purchase check by the dealer and pre-purchase inspection we paid for.... It'll be fine, and my long-term caravan engineer says he thinks it's a good van, just very annoying when people haven't done things properly and then don't reply to messages ....
MichaelP
MichaelP

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Grey Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:40 am

That’s pretty annoying - I take it the dealer isn’t coughing up for the repair?

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelP Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:29 am

...we are in discussion.....!
MichaelP
MichaelP

Male

Mr Grey likes this post

Back to top Go down