The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Powered sliding door

4 posters

Go down

Powered sliding door Empty Powered sliding door

Post by Bpm001 Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:50 pm

Hi all
I have a 2023 wxl. Was wondering whether anyone has fitted power operation for their sliding door?

If so how?
Bpm001
Bpm001

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Powered sliding door Empty Re: Powered sliding door

Post by Roopert Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:28 pm

I don't know specifically about the Boxer, but on the T5 there were two factory options: powered latching, and fully powered opening/closing.

The latter is pretty complex, requiring a motor, cables, position sensors, anti-trap sensors, roll-back and (of course) a computerised controller to make it all work. When it goes wrong it's a bit of a mare to get fixed, and parts are very expensive.

The power latching system is much simpler, though it still requires a different motorised latch, trap sensors and a (simpler) control module. It seldom seems to go wrong (though that may be because it was a fairly expensive option that not many people chose).

Which type were you thinking of?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Bpm001 Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:45 am

Exploring ideas really, shmbo struggles to close the door inside, also struggles to open it so any improvement woul be good !
Bpm001
Bpm001

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:57 pm

I guess the first thing to do would be to research and find out what door options were offered by Peugeot from the factory for your model. You can then find out more about whether someone would retro-fit for you.

But be warned - all of the main car manufacturers have their wiring looms made to ordered spec these days, so the wiring for any factory options you don't select won't be in the vehicle. If I had to guess at cost to install for fully powered on a T5, I would start with a figure around £4-5k, using new original parts.

I doubt anyone makes an aftermarket kit and, even if they do, I wouldn't consider getting one, because I doubt it would be durable/reliable in the long term.

Last edited by Roopert on Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missing word)
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:53 pm

Bpm001 wrote:Hi all
I have a 2023 wxl. Was wondering whether anyone has fitted power operation for their sliding door?

If so how?

These people sell a kit with necessary safety rubbers etc for DIY or can install. Kit circa £600. DIY installation guides are listed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveKilroy Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:52 am

Slightly OFF the topic but it might offer a cheaper alternative. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

This chap offers a small handle to replace the standard Peugeot /Fiat handle on the sliding door.   It might offer a better purchase to be able to pull/push the door.

He also has some other really useful items he has designed to assist in his everyday motorhome life.   if you look at his Facebook page and click "Featured" it reveals  a trail of posts which show the useful items he sells which help solve a lot of those annoying issues we have.
DaveKilroy

Male

Member Age : 58

Back to top Go down