The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident bed ladder storage location?

2 posters

Go down

Trident bed ladder storage location? Empty Trident bed ladder storage location?

Post by Rich12 Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:00 am

Hi all,
I bought a VW T4 Trident at the begining of the month, and as it has the upper bed option, I have been trying to find out what the original bed ladder looked like and where Autosleeper stored it. I can't find any pictures of a ladder, or description as to where the storage location would be.

Great site.

Kind regards,
Rich.
Rich12
Rich12

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Trident bed ladder storage location? Empty Re: Trident bed ladder storage location?

Post by Cymro Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:20 am

You're challenging my memory, Rich, because I bought our VHT (later the Trident) in 1988. It served us incredibly well, and our children loved sleeping up top. The ladder was made of varnished wood - nothing special, like those you can get for bunk beds. When it use it simply rested against the pull-front bed-base  piece. I don't recall any restraining / safety clips to stop the ladder from sliding, but it didn't. When not required, it was simply stored up top, side to side I think. We piled bedding etc on top of it so that it didn't move when travelling. Nowadays a long velcro strap should help.

If it's not easy to buy a bunk-beds ladder, I'd consider buying one of those lightweight telescopic ladders. You would find it useful when cleaning the roof etc. 

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Trident bed ladder storage location? Empty Re: Trident bed ladder storage location?

Post by Rich12 Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:21 am

Thank you Cymro. Much appreciated. It was just bugging me that I couldnt find any mention of it, in either the Autosleeper manual, or any of the brochure photos.
Rich12
Rich12

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1999

Cymro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:18 am

If I remember, the ladder goes across the top ped section and secured by sliding bolts at each side to stop items falling out
Anonymous

Back to top Go down