The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol ES roof bed

3 posters

Go down

Symbol ES roof bed Empty Symbol ES roof bed

Post by noggin28 Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 pm

I have 55reg Symbol I would like to fit a bed in the roof for my grandson (4yrs) to come camping with us

Does anyone have the ES version who could tell me how it is fitted in that model.
noggin28
noggin28

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Symbol ES roof bed Empty SYMBOL ES ROOF BED

Post by newterry Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:38 pm

I had a roof bed in an 03 Dorset which had been factory fitted during production. Not only do you need the bed sections but you need a modification to the ledges under the upper windows so the 4 (very heavy) cushioned bed sections fit across the van. If there is a bulkhead locker the front section needs to be removed,
(there usually more than 20 plastic corner brackets holding it in place) then there is a mattress for over the cab. Our version had all this in upholstery matching the rest of the van. On the production line it was a £600 extra.
There was also a very heavy ladder that went with it. All very safe but where do you store it all when not in use ?
Have a chat with the AS Service Centre as I'm sure they would have done post production conversions and get their advice and a quote.
One of the guys on here has a 4 berth Harmony so maybe able to offer some DIY advice.
If you're tempted to do a 'boggit & leggit job, having a 4year old fall in yer lap could be a bit of a surprise for all you !!
Good Luck up!
ps you'll need all the suppleness of Quasimodo to move around once the bed is in place ......

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down

Symbol ES roof bed Empty Roof bed

Post by murph Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 pm

If you do fit a roof bed where is the 4 year old going to travel both legally and safely.

Brian2
murph
murph

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire EK,ES.

Back to top Go down