The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reversing mirror camera blank(2019 WarwickXL)

4 posters

Go down

Reversing mirror camera blank(2019 WarwickXL) Empty Reversing mirror camera blank(2019 WarwickXL)

Post by YorkshaPud Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:12 pm

Hi, my reversing camera has just stopped working so I’m wondering if anyone knows what I can check.

The screen turns on as usual when I select reverse but I just have no image.

Do you know what I can check?

I have recently replaced the EM40 unit behind the drivers seat as there were issues with it (melted battery connection and low battery voltage warnings). That is fixed but the reversing camera just getting a blank display :(

Many thanks
YorkshaPud
YorkshaPud

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Reversing mirror camera blank(2019 WarwickXL) Empty Re: Reversing mirror camera blank(2019 WarwickXL)

Post by inspiredron Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:41 pm

Most likely is a bad connection or blown fuse on the EM40 as a result of its replacement.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Reversing mirror camera blank(2019 WarwickXL) Empty Re: Reversing mirror camera blank(2019 WarwickXL)

Post by YorkshaPud Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:41 am

Apologies it wasn’t working with the last em40 which had an issue, I’ve replaced that and it still isn’t working (but the other issues I had with voltage is all good now - the fridge and low voltage and I was getting low vehicle battery messages on the Sargent panel with the fridge turned on).

I will check all the fuses on the em40 though thank you.
YorkshaPud
YorkshaPud

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:26 pm

Hi YorkshaPud, did you ever get the camera problem sorted as i have exactly same problem. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by YorkshaPud Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:59 pm

Hi it’s work in progress. I took it to a car audio place that does cameras and they connected another camera which wasn’t the same model but should’ve worked but it was still blank so they want to try another screen. They’re going to contact me when they have one on their next delivery. Process of elimination. I checked a fuse in the drivers footwell to the right of where you put your feet behind the plastic cover and this had continuity. There is another box with a mini PCB inside tucked up next to the fuse box in the cab next to/below the steering wheel and there are the AV inputs located there also. I guess this may be another possible point of failure. I connected the camera onto the AV1 plug but still no picture. Note also that selecting reverse switched input to AV2, so AV2 is the intended reversing camera channel.

I was hoping they may have another screen to try by now but they took a look for nothing so have been great.

The camera is all silicone sealed in place, not secured by any nuts, they found. 

kevjan wrote:Hi YorkshaPud, did you ever get the camera problem sorted as i have exactly same problem. Kevin

Last edited by YorkshaPud on Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
YorkshaPud
YorkshaPud

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:56 pm

Hi yes i get it all working great one day then the next nothing except blue screen saying AV1 or AV2 depending on which one i change it to using the little remote. Good shout on car audio place as we have one near us will give them a call. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by MelB Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:00 pm

The reversing camera [Veba on my van] problem must be catching because my one failed last week whilst on holiday. Just returned home and will eventually investigate the problem. The dreaded blue screen is showing on mine and informing me there is 'no signal'. Its a common issue and much discussed on this forum as well as other forums. With regards to my veba camera I suspect its likely to be water ingress that has seeped into the camera lens, above the rear upper brake light. If water ingress is the culprit, then its likely a new and more reliable camera might be needed.

Last edited by MelB on Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information)
MelB
MelB
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : KEMERTON
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by YorkshaPud Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:27 pm

kevjan wrote:Hi yes i get it all working great one day then the next nothing except blue screen saying AV1 or AV2 depending on which one i change it to using the little remote. Good shout on car audio place as we have one near us will give them a call. Kevin
No worries. Mine's different to that in that the screen is all black, but maybe a similar or same issue, don't know. 

All the connections to the camera could be accessed by removing the third brake light if that helps.
YorkshaPud
YorkshaPud

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by YorkshaPud Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:38 pm

MelB wrote:The reversing camera [Veba on my van] problem must be catching because my one failed last week whilst on holiday. Just returned home and will eventually investigate the problem. The dreaded blue screen is showing on mine and informing me there is 'no signal'. Its a common issue and much discussed on this forum as well as other forums. With regards to my veba camera I suspect its likely to be water ingress that has seeped into the camera lens, above the rear upper brake light. If water ingress is the culprit, then its likely a new and more reliable camera might be needed.
Wow another one bites the dust! I wondered if mine was triggered by my em40 issues but maybe not maybe it's a coincidence.. I believe the camera and monitor is powered via that so it may well be.
Hope you get sorted. Must buy some shares in car electronics companies or something :)
YorkshaPud
YorkshaPud

Male

MelB likes this post

Back to top Go down