The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kemerton XL fridge mounting?

2 posters

Go down

Kemerton XL fridge mounting? Empty Kemerton XL fridge mounting?

Post by tony.humphrey Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:58 pm

Our 2019 Kemerton has had one of the fittings at the rear of the freezer compartment rust and fall off. there are four fittings in total and I am assuming that these, together with a couple on each side, but in the main fridge compartment, hold the thing in.
I can only assume that water during the thaw stage lingers on these fittings and causes them to rust. Naturally, the freezer is cleaned and left slightly open when not in use.
Anyone experienced this?
tony.humphrey
tony.humphrey

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemmerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Kemerton XL fridge mounting? Empty Re: Kemerton XL fridge mounting?

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:59 pm

I'm sorry that I am of much help to you. I have already experienced finding this in our Kemerton XL fridge's freezing compartment, the head of one of the 4 screw heads just laying loose on the bottom of the floor in the freezer compartment. I'm not so sure it was through rust though.

With the fridge at ambient temperature I cleaned up the broken off screw shank and screw head, then using Araldite long acting epoxy glue I glued the loose screw head to the broken off shaft. I arranged a wooden baton to apply pressure to the screw head whilst the glue hardened, fridge door open, freezing compartment door open etc. It's been OK since.

I'll say this isn't a major structural issue. Why these screws fail might be because someone was using an air driven driver that exceeded the appropriate torque for these screws. The operator may have previously worked for a tyre replacement company where they like the sound of their own impact compressed air driver.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down