The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kemerton XL

5 posters

Go down

Kemerton XL Empty Kemerton XL

Post by Filbert Tue May 30, 2023 11:17 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know where the solar regulator is located on a 2023 Kemerton XL please? Also is there an easy way to access hot and cold water pipe work below kitchen sink as they seem to be hidden behind panelling under the sink cupboard?

Thanks
Filbert
Filbert
Filbert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Kemerton XL Empty Re: Kemerton XL

Post by Paulmold Wed May 31, 2023 8:49 am

It's built into the Sargent power supply.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by timsurf2021 Wed May 31, 2023 9:58 am

If its the same as my 2021 van its a small white box with sargent written on it with 2 led,s. mine was behind the PSU unit. Hope this helps.

Tim
timsurf2021
timsurf2021

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Wed May 31, 2023 6:40 pm

In our 2019 the solar controller is separate black box screwed to a bulkhead behind the EC700 PSU, it connects to the EC700 PSU using a Mate-n-Lock plug and socket, so it's easy to set up a more efficient MPPT solar controller for a competent DIYer.
Paul I think you have a dual battery PWM solar controller that was fitted behind your PSU. A good system in its day and preferable to that "Smart system" that Sargent fitted to many vans. A MPPT solar controller is even better.

In the future with campsites probably charging extra for EHU, and certainly in France for example, it will pay to go full bore on having plenty of solar, with a lithium battery probably, a B2B, a MPPT solar controller, and having a mains inverter. AS isn't offering this, so you have your warranty versus your modifications. The AS warranty isn't that substantial anyway, perhaps for damp.

I'll add that you should be able to have a simple holiday in a tent closer to nature and near to other campers without all these complications, you choose what suits you.

Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Filbert Wed May 31, 2023 8:59 pm

Hi, Thanks for your comments. Maybe I’ll hold off on adding another solar panel until the warranty has finished. My van has the Sargent 20 amp B2B fitted. So need to see how effective that is in conjunction with the 80watt solar panel over the coming months.

Cheers
Filbert
Filbert

Male

Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:27 pm

I'll just add that I installed any extra 80W solar panel so that's 80W+80W here, which is outside what the EC700 printed circuit board tracks can handle (only 120W). If I had removed the 2 roof rails (non-functional just for cosmetic show to pull in the punters), I might have been able to install even bigger wattage of solar panels going across the width of our van.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Filbert likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:33 pm

To 
Filbert wrote:Hi, Thanks for your comments. Maybe I’ll hold off on adding another solar panel until the warranty has finished. My van has the Sargent 20 amp B2B fitted. So need to see how effective that is in conjunction with the 80watt solar panel over the coming months.

Cheers
If you give the size space you have that the panel is now fitted and is aprox 1300 x 700 
I have fitted a 175w panel in this space and the 80w will fit in a space at the back roof 
The 175w panel is 1262 x 699
you may want to do my mod to the sink waste pipe that shown is on my post
kemerton xl making improvements
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl

Filbert likes this post

Back to top Go down