The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol/Symphony bed cushions?

+4
Paulmold
Biffo
carlmc
Andrewjohn
8 posters

Go down

Symbol/Symphony bed cushions? Empty Symbol/Symphony bed cushions?

Post by Andrewjohn Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:03 pm

either we're missing a cushion or im getting the layout wrong, but i can't figure out the extra cushions to make the full double bed in our 99 Symbol.
we have one small cushion that live behind the rear passanger seat, this i believe fills the gap when the sofa arm rest is folded down.
Another odd L shaped one normally lives in the wardrobe.
From the owners manual it appears that there should be a third? but where would this one normally be stored?
and how does the L shaped one fit? cos if i put it where the manual shows it doesnt sit right.
Andrewjohn
Andrewjohn

Male

Member Age : 52
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Symbol/Symphony bed cushions? Empty bed cushions

Post by carlmc Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:44 pm

don,t know if it helps, but in my 95 symphony, there are 3 fill in cushions. as you say the small one goes behind drivers seat when the armrest is folded down, but i have 2 larger cushions, they are stored in the overcab compartment. i have no L shaped cushions, so not sure.
carlmc
carlmc

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : symphony

Back to top Go down

Symbol/Symphony bed cushions? Empty Re: Symbol/Symphony bed cushions?

Post by Biffo Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:30 pm

I have just asked a similar question and I think you have a cushion missing and is used to make up the nearside single bed and fits between the rear of the front passenger seat , which should be pushed forward facing the front and the single passenger seat below the TV box once it is fully extended. The "L" shaped one does the same job behind the drivers seat. The cut out should fit above the hand brake. the armrest should be removed. The small cushion in conjunction with the arm rest seems to do the same job. I'm not sure why. Perhaps some one can enlighten?
Biffo
Biffo

Male

Member Age : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:37 am

Wrong I'm afraid. There should be 3 cushions. The small one which normally lives behind rear single seat with a 'flap' goes in the gap behind drivers seat after the armrest is lifted and folded. The L shaped one goes between the back of the front passenger seat and the end of the laid flat rear single seat. The L bit is to go round the pillar of the seatbelt. Then the largest of the cushions fits between these two cushions if using as large double bed. It's not needed if you can sleep in the double across the van.
If you are comfortable in the double across the van you can leave all 3 cushions at home.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Biffo Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks Paul
Biffo
Biffo

Male

Member Age : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Bilyco Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:31 pm

You are correct Paul. Unfortunately all 3 of mine are missing although I am sure they were there when I viewed the van but dealer denies it. We are ok without though.
Bilyco
Bilyco
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Symphony

Back to top Go down

Post by johnandeva Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:45 pm

That's sorted it for us Paul, we couldn't work out how they fitted so didn't use them, just taking up valuable space, as we are both of the short wheel base variety we fit in quite well sleeping crossways in the van, hope you are getting on well with your Nuevo, must be nice to have that bit more room, how does it compare lengthwise with your old van, our symbol just fits on the front of our house, cheers fellow brummies johnandeva
johnandeva
johnandeva

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:07 pm

johnandeva wrote: hope you are getting on well with your Nuevo, must be nice to have that bit more room, how does it compare lengthwise with your old van, our symbol just fits on the front of our house, cheers fellow brummies johnandeva
Just off on our first trip tomorrow to the lakes for a week. Length-wise Nuevo is only about 6" longer than the Symphony and still fits on the drive even with the bike rack on the back. Certainly feels more spacious inside. The later Nuevos built on the X250 are a bit longer again due to the longer nose on the cab, so would have been a bit tight, one reason we decided not to go for a later one.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:06 pm

We bought our 06 Lancashire to avoid the extra length, we have to park in a side road, we get some funny looks when a car tries to parallel park and gives up, because they think there is not enough room and then we park with space to spare, I guess that most of these drivers have drives at home and never have to struggle to park.

the van fits a normal parking slot in a car park as well, has anyone tried to park at Lynmouth ? just after the mini roundabout there was a gap (this was in August) and I wasn't going to miss it, it two shunts to get in and the guy who run the car park was nearby with his mate, you could see him saying, look at that idiot trying to park that big thing there, took the smile off his dial when I locked up and walked away
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi slightly off topic,but do you have that large step at the back?
have you got rear parking sensors?
It's practise i think that makes perfect with parking.
many avoid parallel parking and hence cannot do it.
regards
mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:02 pm

On topic again. I never have used those 3 cushions. need that overhead space for bedding.
We sleep like babes in the wood across   our Symphony.
Met a couple who have the bed made up all the time.!!confused3 
They have to eat etc outside all the time.
not for us. We tidy up every day,ready for inspection if needed.
Service training maybe? Don't like muddles.hugegrins 
regards
mike
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down