The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chrome Coffee Table Leg !

5 posters

Go down

Chrome Coffee Table Leg ! Empty Chrome Coffee Table Leg !

Post by Bill Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:14 am

Just a quick question.
I have a 2017 Symbol which is supplied with a small 'coffee' table top and a chrome tube/leg that fits in to the floor.  Does anybody know if the chrome tube fits the Fiamma collapsible tripod so that I can take this useful small table outside ?.  Many thanks.  Bill
Bill
Bill

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Chrome Coffee Table Leg ! Empty Re: Chrome Coffee Table Leg !

Post by IanH Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am

Mine does, there are dimensions available, the ends of the chrome leg are tapered so measuring isn't that easy. Buy one from Leisure shop direct, they'll take it back if wrong, or go to the caravan shop in West Runton, drop in by here first and try mine!!
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:57 am

If its the standard tube leg that's been used in vans for years, then yes it fits but if 70cm long then the table will be too high to eat from when used with tripod.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:32 am

You should be able to buy both chromium plated and stainless steel tubes, I prefer the latter. Check the length you need to go with the Fiamma base and when sat on your outside chairs, you should be able to find that they come in different lengths. When I was doing something similar when we had a Duetto I needed a shorter tube so cut out a small section, retaining the end pieces with the tapers and rejoined the tubes using a short length of aluminium tube inside held together with fibre glass resin and filler. Wrapping masking tape around the site of the join means you get things in line and there's less mess to clean up when the resin has gone hard. These tubes are also used in boats so ships chandlers have them for sale too.

With our Kemerton XL I bought a table top from A-S Parts and fitted a boss underneath the table. Using the Fiamma tripod and a shortened tube we have a more useful table that the ones that came with our van. The table top can be easily stored in the wardrobe and when erected it can be rotated should I want to get past the table to go outside. I would have preferred if A-S had provided mountings on the floor, anyway what we've got now is better for us than having to unhook the original table from behind the shower.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:39 am

I bought a new tube and tripod and top bracket from Magnum Motorhomes , the tube was aluminium with black plastic end caps, the tube can be cut to the length you require and then the caps fitted, I made another table top for outside which stores behind the drivers seat in our WXL, this allows us to use both  tables, ie if the other half is in doors and I am out side, best of both

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

frederic and IanH like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:33 pm

Paulmold wrote:If its the standard tube leg that's been used in vans for years, then yes it fits but if 70cm long then the table will be too high to eat from when used with tripod.
Exactly, 
So I bought 2nd leg, cut to length for use with tripod and it now lives alongside the original in the wardrobe
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:06 pm

IanH wrote:
Paulmold wrote:If its the standard tube leg that's been used in vans for years, then yes it fits but if 70cm long then the table will be too high to eat from when used with tripod.
Exactly, 
So I bought 2nd leg, cut to length for use with tripod and it now lives alongside the original in the wardrobe

Same place for our too Ian

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down