The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water coming in through front courtesy light

4 posters

Go down

Water coming in through front courtesy light Empty Water coming in through front courtesy light

Post by Final Fling Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:56 am

We haven’t investigated yet but would be helpful to have some idea of where it might be getting in. 
Also, any tips on taking down the headlining.
Final Fling
Final Fling

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Water coming in through front courtesy light Empty Re: Water coming in through front courtesy light

Post by Bilbobaggins Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:07 pm

An introduction in the welcome section above would be courteous.  You will find the search facility a good place to start, can I also mention that due to the way the forum software works any text you put in the description field is not shown when your message is opened so any info you have there will hot be seen.

Can't help directly with your query but any leak around ariel should be visible as  loose fitt8ng on outside. Water can track from anywhere so could be door seal or even skylights

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2014

IanH and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Water coming in through front courtesy light Empty Re: Water coming in through front courtesy light

Post by Ourbus Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:29 am

I had a similar issue in my Stanway I initially thought it was the ariel too but when I took the headliner out realised the water was coming from somewhere further back in the van.

After much searching I found the guilty part was the mushroom vent cover in the washroom which wasn't properly sealing to the housing - I replaced and the issue was resolved.
Ourbus
Ourbus

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by iandsm Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:25 pm

Hello, Ourbus, I don't have that problem but I have had a leaking aerial. Fortunately I was able to seal it from the outside with Tolly's Creeping Crack cure. I know that wont last forever so I was wondering how you went about taking the cab headlining out since I will eventually have to tackle the aerial from the inside.
iandsm
iandsm

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Auto-Sleepers

Final Fling likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ourbus Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:33 pm

Hi 

The beauty of you tube - follow this link 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I needed to take the Remis Blinds out first
Ourbus
Ourbus

Male

Final Fling and iandsm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by iandsm Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:56 pm

Thank you
iandsm
iandsm

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Auto-Sleepers

Back to top Go down