The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma 230V problem

5 posters

Go down

Truma 230V problem Empty Truma 230V problem

Post by Bill Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:50 am

I have been away for 5 days on EHU in my 2017 Symbol with no problems until the last evening.  On the last evening the Truma system would error whenever I selected EL1 or EL2 with the error code W 45 H.  When I checked my Truma manual is said "No 230V operating voltage", 230V fuse defective" or "Overheating Protection has been triggered".

The first 2 seem clear where the Overheating Protection said "Contact Truma Service".

The 230 V supply to the van is working perfectly with all contact breakers up and the fridge and sockets working perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated especially where the Truma 230v fuse can be located.

Many thanks.  Bill
Bill
Bill

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Truma 230V problem Empty Re: Truma 230V problem

Post by Caraman Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:48 pm

In my Combi (E) Operating Instructions its shown in Figure 6 page 22.  It states 'The fuse is in the power electronics beneath the electronics cover.'  It's a 10A fuse.  It also states 'The fuse ... must only be replaced by an expert.'  On my Combi installation the electronic cover faces the outside wall of the motorhome which makes it very difficult to access.  When I discussed this with the A-S Service Centre they said the Combi would have to be removed to change the fuse!  I have read on this Forum that it is possible to replace the fuse without removing the Combi but I don't think I could do it.

Figure 7 shows how to reset the overheating protection which is done by removing the connection cover, which is above the electronics cover, and pressing the reset button.  This looks easier to do but is still awkward if like mine it faces the outside wall of the motorhome.

This might help - https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t38320-warwick-xl-truma-combi-e-fuse?highlight=combi
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 pm

When I had this problem it was the plug where one terminal was not crimped but yours could be different.  If you search you should get more advice you will need a lit mirror wand.  From memory you remove the cover then look for two wires too your left under which is the reset button hold for 5 seconds
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:46 pm

Unfortunately, if Bill’s 2017 Symbol is like mine there is no reset button on the Truma of this vintage. At least not one that I could find and access to the PCB isn’t too hard on a Symbol.
I’m happy to be proved wrong though!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:53 pm

Bill, I’m sure I’ve had this code in the past and it was due to the way things were switched off or EHU disconnected. A complete shutdown of the EC500 and Truma control panel sorted it.
Do you have the small plug symbol on the Truma CP (bottom right) by the way? That would prove if 240v is present.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:12 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Unfortunately, if Bill’s 2017 Symbol is like mine there is no reset button on the Truma of this vintage. At least not one that I could find and access to the PCB isn’t too hard on a Symbol.
I’m happy to be proved wrong though!
I think you are right.  Potentially there are two reset buttons - one for the overheating protection and the other a small micro switch with coloured LEDs next to it on the PCB.  I think all the Combis have the overheating protection button but only later models have the micro switch / LED reset button.  I have found the latter useful when an error code would't clear.  I haven't used the overheating protection button.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:18 pm

Dbvwt wrote:Bill, I’m sure I’ve had this code in the past and it was due to the way things were switched off or EHU disconnected. A complete shutdown of the EC500 and Truma control panel sorted it.
Do you have the small plug symbol on the Truma CP (bottom right) by the way? That would prove if 240v is present.
It might also be worth checking that the amber space heater button is on/lit on the EC500 PSU
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Truma 230V problem Empty It was a fuse.

Post by Bill Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:56 am

Bill wrote:I have been away for 5 days on EHU in my 2017 Symbol with no problems until the last evening.  On the last evening the Truma system would error whenever I selected EL1 or EL2 with the error code W 45 H.  When I checked my Truma manual is said "No 230V operating voltage", 230V fuse defective" or "Overheating Protection has been triggered".

The first 2 seem clear where the Overheating Protection said "Contact Truma Service".

The 230 V supply to the van is working perfectly with all contact breakers up and the fridge and sockets working perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated especially where the Truma 230v fuse can be located.

Many thanks.  Bill
I eventually took my Symbol back to my supplying dealership who identified that it was a fuse in the Truma unit that had blown.  I waited for 3 hours in the dealership while my Symbol was in their workshop so I assumed that it wasn't a simple job to replace !  Thanks for all the help and advice.  Bill
Bill
Bill

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Tinwheeler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Bill wrote:
Bill wrote:I have been away for 5 days on EHU in my 2017 Symbol with no problems until the last evening.  On the last evening the Truma system would error whenever I selected EL1 or EL2 with the error code W 45 H.  When I checked my Truma manual is said "No 230V operating voltage", 230V fuse defective" or "Overheating Protection has been triggered".

Many thanks.  Bill
I eventually took my Symbol back to my supplying dealership who identified that it was a fuse in the Truma unit that had blown.  I waited for 3 hours in the dealership while my Symbol was in their workshop so I assumed that it wasn't a simple job to replace !  Thanks for all the help and advice.  Bill
Glad you got it sorted and the answers you got might help others.

I wonder if they worked on your van all the time in the workshop, when I had a problem and I thought they were taking a long time, I had a sneak look around, no one was to be found. Oh well I suppose we all like a tea break hugegrins Just annoying when you are waiting.

----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down