The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma panel problem

5 posters

Go down

Truma panel problem  Empty Truma panel problem

Post by marcg75 Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:57 pm

Hi all

So hit my first problem, when I switch on my Truma panel all that is displayed is a spanner and clock symbol but nothing else. 

l have tried to reset it but that still doesn't seem to bring the icons back, has anyone got any idea of what the problems could be?

Thanks 

Marc
marcg75
marcg75

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Truma panel problem  Empty Re: Truma panel problem

Post by Dbvwt Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:58 pm

Check that the data cables are plugged in correctly, usually 1 on the control panel, 2 on the iNet box and 2 on the main Truma unit although I believe 1 of those is often not used.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

marcg75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:56 pm

Has anybody had this issue please with their Truma unit. I have a Kemerton XL.
WHEN I switch on the unit even if the heating isn’t selected after a few minutes the heater starts sending out heat, the warning triangle comes on and the code when I select the triangle is W 18 H which is about gas pressure!
The unit is only on EC2 so no gas selected, in fact the heating isn’t even selected. After powering down the unit the fault appears to clear and no more issues. However when I next use the van it occurs again, the last time when the heating was selected but only on hook up no gas involved.
K & S
K & S

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:18 pm

I’m sure this one is well known, something to do with unplugging the EHU if I remember.
Someone will be along soon with the info.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:48 am

I get spurious warning and error messages on mine and every time it happens my heart misses a beat.  I can't remember if I have seen W18H.  The Truma CP Plus manual indicates that 18 means the warm air temperature is exceeded which suggests not all the warm air ducts are connected or the warm air outlets are blocked in some way.  There is no mention of gas.  I suggest checking that all the hot air ducts are open even though you may not have turned the heating (or hot water) on.  If the problem persists, it might be worth a call to Truma who I have found helpful and it should be picked up when the van has its annual habitation service.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:08 am

Hi Guys, thank you for the responses. It definitely not a vent or vent connection issue and the warning code relating to gas pressure makes no sense. It’s going back to the dealers on Monday as it’s still under their 6 months warranty so hope it does the same when they check it.
What seams so odd is this fault occurred within ten minutes of first use each time but after that it’s fine, just that I now turn off the hot water (and heating when it is cold) while we are away from the van just in case this happens, although strongly suspect it wouldn’t.
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K & S Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:06 pm

Well as suspected dealers couldn’t repeat the fault, it doesn’t always happen so depends how many times were tried etc, they suggested "heating vents might have been obstructed"
They weren’t so I will just have to see how it goes on next use.At least I have "registered" the issue while under warranty.
So if anyone out there has had the issue please advise.
I will update if and when it occurs or I get it sorted.
K & S
K & S

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:14 pm

If you use the Truma app on your phone to control the heating then you get a message of the 'supposed' fault not just the error code.

Our new van (not A/S) shuts off when needing a a high diesel fuel flow with a warning that the van is not level or the fuel is low. Turning off and on again, sometimes more than once cures this and once at a steady water and air temp it's fine for the rest of the day.
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down