The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitchen sink waste pipe leak

4 posters

Go down

Kitchen sink waste pipe leak Empty Kitchen sink waste pipe leak

Post by DeeBee Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:29 pm

Was hoping moving away from our Swift coach build which had some of the worst build quality I’ve ever seen that we’d have more luck with our new 22 plate AS Warwick XL….

Second trip out and notice water all in the walk way near kitchen. Wife was just about to do washing up and had rinsed a few things out. We’ve got a new puppy so I’d taken the carpets up incase until she’s fully toilet trained and put some mats down. Damn glad she’d not had a full sink!!

Looks like poorly fitted plastic pipe from the sink drain as it wasn’t even connected as it goes down into the cup board with a noticeable gap. We had no issues on our first trip so assume its just shaken loose from the drive. I’ve done a patch job luckily I had a roll of gaffer tap (years of van and motorhome trips… essential 😂). Its due back to AS for a warranty job anyway as it was damaged on pickup but question is has anyone had similar issues and got a better solution? These push fit pipes are awful - did think about some jubilee clips but the pipes are pretty rigid and I expect it might cause more problems than it solves. I was thinking about ripping it out and putting some more flexible piping as I’m sure AS will just use the same pipes. 

Cheers 👍
DeeBee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Kitchen sink waste pipe leak Empty Re: Kitchen sink waste pipe leak

Post by purdyhorse Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 am

Had same problem with the push fit leaking. Discovered cutlery in the drawer under the sink had scraped sink bottom, gone over back of drawer and partially dislodged pipe. More careful since with cutlery placement 
and had no further leaks.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by LDPD Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:40 pm

Also had similar experience. Resolved by cleaning and ensuring all push fit joints push home tight then wrapped around a band of Gorilla tape - (other brands are available!) to ensure joint cannot shake apart. Applied this idea to various joints in the kitchen waste and grey waste pipe under van which had come adrift several times. So far it has all worked.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:20 am

Thanks for the feedback, boggles my mind they just use push fit piping. I ended up taking the whole lot out and bought some of this stuff off amazon: Duck Tape Wrap-Fix Self-Fusing Repair Tape | Self Amalgamating | Self Bonding for Plumbing | Leaking Pipe Repair Tape | Rubber Tape | Waterproof Black 25mm x 3m [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wrapped every joint and then replaced the rubbish plastic P clips with eyelets and cable ties. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DeeBee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:28 pm

Another two push fit potential partings are on the fresh and waste water drain tap outlets. Easy to secure with a couple of jubilee clips.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77

DeeBee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:47 pm

purdyhorse wrote:Another two push fit potential partings are on the fresh and waste water drain tap outlets. Easy to secure with a couple of jubilee clips.

Good tip thanks I’ll take a look 👍
DeeBee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:37 pm

First picture before I glued the joints .second picture after joints had been glued and pipe secure with p clips to hold it in place .if the pipe was secured when fitted would not be such a problem as so many campers have with the joints come apart and the waste water leaking .this is just one of many improvements done on my camper that I have shown on my kemerton xl improvements post.
I did not have any leak from the pipes as i sorted this out from new as I have repaired so many other campers with this problem[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl

Back to top Go down