The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident seats replacement…?

Go down

Trident seats replacement…? Empty Trident seats replacement…?

Post by Ian Payne Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:27 pm

Hi, I’ve got a 2001 Trident and find the front seats really uncomfortable over a long journey. I would dearly love to swop them for something better, preferably with arm rests. Can anyone give me advice ? Would the standard T4 captains seats (normally found with the Aztec material) be any good ?  The current drivers seat fitted by Autosleeper won’t go back particularly far due to the fridge being so close. I’m not particularly tall, but this fact doesn’t help with my aching back..!
Ian Payne
Ian Payne

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Trident seats replacement…? Empty Re: Trident seats replacement…?

Post by Guest Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:11 am

Ian,
Totally agree and sympathise with you. Its a terrible missed opportunity in my view of a decent seat and added pushback had they just moved everything 2-3 inches further to the rear and provided armrests anyway and allowed the drivers seat in that space to swivel.
Mine's a 1991.
You can look for JCB seats, which  I am told assist back problems in a T4 but you try and find one laying around, and once you have one you need two to make it look right.
What they provide, is every which way in tilt, lumbar support and reclining which is missing in the VW boring seats which as you say are jolly uncomfortable over long distances.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down