The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trident Hi-top window replacement

Go down

Trident Hi-top window replacement Empty Trident Hi-top window replacement

Post by Steve&Veronique Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:29 pm

Hello, this may be of interest to owners with ParaPress opening Hi-top windows.

Our 2007 Trident Hi-top nearside window suffered the same fate as others l've read of on this forum. It cracked vertically halfway along its length and l resorted to taping it to stop it filling with rain water. Searches for a replacement proved fruitless so l reluctantly took the diy route.

I removed the window by opening it beyond 90 degrees and letting it drop out and then took it to a plastics supplier nearby in Dumbarton. They used it as a template to provide a single thickness piece of acrylic with the same tint as the original. I carefully measured, copied and drilled holes for the latches and then set about cutting the cracked original window from its aluminium hinge. 

This was the point of no return. I used a hacksaw to cut away the majority and resorted to a small sharp chisel to chip the remnants out of the hinge taking care not to distort it. I then used stong flexible clear mastic to stick the new acrylic window into place and refit the latches. The window was remounted and the job done. All in once the acrylic had been purchased it took about 4hrs. I took the liberty of purchasing two acrylic windows at a cost of £17 each as i expect the other side may need doing in future. It looks almost identical both inside and out and l doubt anyone would notice without closer inspection.

It was done with a certain amount of trepidation but in hindsight went smoothly and l'm pleased with the result.
Steve&Veronique
Steve&Veronique

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2007

frederic and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Trident Hi-top window replacement Empty Re: Trident Hi-top window replacement

Post by Steve&Veronique Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Steve&Veronique
Steve&Veronique

Male

Back to top Go down

Trident Hi-top window replacement Empty Re: Trident Hi-top window replacement

Post by Steve&Veronique Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:10 am

Just thought i'd add a photo to show the finished job which was actually done last summer. On viewing it shows just how much it needs a wash fedup
Steve&Veronique
Steve&Veronique

Male

Back to top Go down