The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which adapter for aquaroll? (Powered)

3 posters

Go down

Which adapter for aquaroll? (Powered) Empty Which adapter for aquaroll? (Powered)

Post by DeeBee Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:07 pm

Hi all,

First time poster - we picked up our new Warwick XL this week after upgrading from our coach build. On that there was a 2 prong 12v external socket next to my water inlet which I used to fill the vehicle with fresh water. 

The AS came with the aquasource mains adapter which I think is the same as this: Whale Aquasource Caravan Mains Water Connection [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I understand thats for when on Super/serviced pitches which is great but I also want to get something similar to what I had before with the coachbuild as we use our aquaroll to top up and save moving the van when set up. 

The handover guy said you can buy these separately as they didn’t come with the van but I’m not sure exactly which one I need. I found this one: Truma Ultraflow Water Pump Assembly [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

… but wasn’t sure if that was the one I needed. Am I right in assuming that the ultraflow sockets have power supplied to them? Sorry if this is a dumb question, and any help would be much appreciated.
DeeBee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Which adapter for aquaroll? (Powered) Empty Re: Which adapter for aquaroll? (Powered)

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:59 pm

You need one of these:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

which will plug into the Whale inlet socket on the side of your van.  A-S provided one with my coach built van in 2019.  It gets its 12V from the two brass contacts you will see on the Whale inlet socket.  The Autofill has to be turned on at the EC700 CP for it to work and when the fresh water tank is full the 12V supply to the inlet socket and therefore the pump will cut off.  You should shop around for the best price.  I believe there are different models with different flow rates but they will all work.

The  hose you have also plugs into the Whale inlet socket and is as you say for when you are on a super pitch but also if you wish to fill your fresh water tank at a motorhome service point.  As with the Whale watermaster pump, the Autofill needs to be turned on for it to work and when the fresh water tank is full it will cut off.  The hose can be used like a normal hose if a spigot is inserted into the Whale plug end.  This should have come with the hose.

Last edited by Caraman on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Which adapter for aquaroll? (Powered) Empty Re: Which adapter for aquaroll? (Powered)

Post by DeeBee Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:02 pm

Thank you for the reply Caraman thats super useful. Appreciate it 👍
DeeBee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:13 pm

There are quite a few owners who don't use a water roll and therefore an external water master pump.  This may be because they don't have space for the water roll or they regard it as too much like a caravan.  They may also begrudge the use of electricity to fill their tank.  These people often use a watering can or other hand held container to fill their tank.  I am not one of these people and use my water roll and pump in preference to using a hose at a motorhome service point.  I still use the hose but only on pitches that have a tap.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by DeeBee Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:17 pm

Yeah that’s pretty much the way we did things with our Swift coachbuild and the aquaroll fits fine in the shower when travelling so its no big deal.
DeeBee

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shipbadger Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:21 pm

I actually had my van retrofitted with the two pole connector for the Whale pump.  My van lives out in the road and using the Aquaroll enables some water to go into the tank before setting off and refilling when the water runs out half way through cooking a meal.  None of the level indicators ever seem reliable so I also have a small 'jerrycan' type container with a filler on the side to drain out waste water if that looks like it's overfull.  Saves a lot of hastle, especially for those days where you are not taking the van off site.

Tony Comber

Last edited by shipbadger on Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling correction)
shipbadger
shipbadger
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down