The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automatic levelling

+4
Dbvwt
RogerThat
Caraman
Fontie
8 posters

Go down

Automatic levelling Empty Automatic levelling

Post by Fontie Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:07 pm

Toying with getting E&P levellers fitted to my Warwick XL, wondering if anyone has had this done was there any problems with the fitting was the pump fitted in a box under the chassis ? Was it a problem with the air suspension
Fontie
Fontie

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Automatic levelling Empty Re: Automatic levelling

Post by Caraman Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:31 pm

You may have discounted the Autolift and nor do i know if they can be fitted to PVCs:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:15 pm

I had HPC leveling fitted to my PVC but had the pump fitted inside, under one of the bench seats.  It's very compact, I didn't lose any real storage space.
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:12 pm

I’m probably missing something but in nearly 4 years, my very basic set of Fiamma ramps have proved more than adequate in over 95% of situations.
I’m not someone who books a flat hardstanding pitch (nothing wrong with that by the way), I tend to go for the scenic off grid pitches on a site which by nature are not the flattest!
A lot of money spent for little gain IMO but that’s just me!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Paulmold, frederic and Bilbobaggins like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Dbvwt wrote:I’m probably missing something but in nearly 4 years, my very basic set of Fiamma ramps have proved more than adequate in over 95% of situations.
I’m not someone who books a flat hardstanding pitch (nothing wrong with that by the way!), I tend to go for the scenic off grid pitches on a site which by nature are not the flattest!
A lot of money spent for little gain IMO but that’s just me!

It's a valid point and I don't think there would be enough benefit for the cost vs. gain equation to work for me, but... I can think of situations when I have turned up at a site and it's hissing down with rain, or other situations (in Scotland, mid-summer) where you could get devoured by midges in the time that it takes to set up Fiamma ramps. At times like that, you might be glad you spent the money?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:54 pm

Still a hell of a lot of money for those odd occasions. 
If it was hissing down when I arrived on site with no sign of a letup in the weather I’d be tempted to just put my pillow at the other end of the bed smile!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:15 pm

There is no doubt that the majority of motorhome users find them too expensive or would rather spend their money on something else which is fine.  Life would be dull if we were all the same.  However, all the comments I have seen or heard from the minority who have them, which now includes me, are favourable.  My review of the Autolift captures some of the benefits.  We are glad to see the back of our levelling wedges which we never found easy to use.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:27 pm

Caraman wrote:We are glad to see the back of our levelling wedges which we never found easy to use.

I've "been over the top" twice now, and it's not an experience I want to repeat a third time! Luckily no damage on either occasion, though on the first one the ramp wedged between wheel and wheel arch and it felt like the whole campsite was watching and giggling as I struggled to retrieve it...

To a certain extent I can understand the "you can't take it with you" attitude to the cost. But for now I'm going to struggle on with the Fiammas.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fontie Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:19 pm

Thanks for the reply's guys, I have all but settled on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I want automatic levellers for the ease and worry free levelling when arriving on a site, I have had a few close calls with nearly going over the top of my ramps and feel I have used all of my 9 lives. I want it easy pitch up push a button or 2 and bam level, one less thing to argue about aye. Lot of money I know but hey you cant take it with you and the Ma-VE is cheaper than E&S and HPC
Fontie
Fontie

Male

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:46 pm

Here is its manual if you haven't already seen it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Sun Jul 24, 2022 2:32 pm

Go for it Fontie!
BUT what does it weigh, complete system?
On our Warwick Duo it sat tail high, nose low, they all do. We always parked nose in to a bay, they usually slope up at the far end to let the water drain off. That and a wee spirit level in the glovebox meant level every time. Used ramps twice in 2 years.
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

babian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:20 pm

Claims to be 52 kg to 60 kg.  Don't know if that includes everything.  The Autolift claims to be about 65 kg with everything.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:20 pm

I like the idea but not the loss of payload and don't fancy scrabbling underneath to put boards under the jacks on soft ground that I've seen done several times - I'll stick with the grip mats and ramps.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

babian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Fontie Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:34 pm

I am not worried about payload I upplated to 4500  smile!
Fontie
Fontie

Male

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:12 pm

Peter Brown wrote:I like the idea but not the loss of payload and don't fancy scrabbling underneath to put boards under the jacks on soft ground that I've seen done several times - I'll stick with the grip mats and ramps.
I am sure many owners who have not up-plated are on the rear axle limit, especially if they travel with full or nearly full tanks and bikes on the back, so they may struggle even though the additional mass is between the axles.  I don't have this problem with the Nuevo where I reckon each axle mass has only been increased by about 20 kg after the corner steadies, jack and wedges etc have been removed.  The Autolift comes with a rod that hooks onto the pads for positioning and removal but I haven't found the need to use it yet as it's no effort to reach under the van to each jack.  I believe the hydraulic systems like the MAVE don't need pads as each hydraulic ram extends further and has a large foot.  I'm not discarding my grip mats which will be easier to place under the tyres with the drive wheels off the ground.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltel Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:22 am

I also have given some thought to having a automatic level system fitted to my Nuevo

The loss of payload is a consideration but part of the increased weight would be that I would not have to carry or store Fiamma wheel ramps plus the AS corner steadies could be removed.

Terry
Eltel
Eltel
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down