The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot

+7
Relaxez-Vous
v8oholic
Brian6
Kdc
Graham
johndean
purdyhorse
11 posters

Go down

AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot  Empty AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot

Post by purdyhorse Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:02 pm

Am currently experiencing an issue with the AdBlue system on my 2019 Peugeot based Euro 6 Warwick XL and need to ascertain whether it's excessive  consumption of AdBlue or false computer reporting of AdBlue consumption that is at the root of the problem.
It would be extremely helpful if other owners of the same model could advise me of the mileage per litre AdBlue consumption that they are experiencing.
Thanks, as always.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot  Empty Adblue use

Post by johndean Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:53 pm

Hi, just to add my adblue usage
My Fairford is 2019
So in 3 years I have only managed 3000 miles
My son director of Peugeot dealership gave me drum of adblue 15 litres ( clear liquid by the way )
I topped up adblue tank ( very easy with spout attached )
So 3 years 3000 miles amount used 3 litres
Hope that helps  3lts 3 years 3000 miles
Cheers
Johndean
johndean
johndean

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot  Empty Re: AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot

Post by purdyhorse Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:01 pm

Thanks johndean. That really is extremely helpful. Had filled tank prior to leaving home . Drove 500 miles and 'Fill AdBlue' light came on. Filled it again and it only took 3 litres meaning there was 11 litres left in the tank and the light shouldn't have come on. French Peugeot main dealer ran computer diagnostics and said there was nothing wrong, which is nonsense given above facts. Since then I've driven 1100 miles and the light hasn't come back on so I'm collecting as much data as I can so that when the light does reignite I can meaningfully discuss the problem with my local Peugeot dealer who looks after the vehicle. in the meantime I'm carrying 5 litres of AdBlue in the vehicle, just in case of future problems.
Probably cheeky of me to ask, but it would be interesting to know if your son's come across similar experiences with his customers.
David
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot  Empty Adblue

Post by johndean Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:35 pm

hi I did ask my son if he knows any problems but he hasn’t heard about problems with adblue he did say I needn’t have worried about yet.
I saw a note from Peugeot can’t find it now but it stated check your adblue because they can use around 1 litre a year. I would have thought it depends more on miles rather than years just my thought.
Johndean
johndean
johndean

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : !2019

Back to top Go down

AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot  Empty Re: AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot

Post by purdyhorse Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Thanks again!
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:40 pm

2500 miles 10-11L of AdBlue on 2021 WXL  filled twice now at 5100 miles
Graham
Graham

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:01 pm

Thanks Graham. Those numbers are particularly interesting because they broadly stack up with my 500 miles 3 litres experience. Probably sounds silly but I’m quite looking forward to the warning light coming on again in order to see the amount of the fill up required! Don’t really understand why Peugeot haven’t incorporated an AdBlue tank gauge into the dashboard alongside the fuel gauge.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:49 am

I don’t know if it helps but my records show last 8415 miles using 14ltrs Adblue which equates to 601mls/Ltr.
Beleive quoted expected figures to be iro400 so don’t know how much driving conditions may alter this figure.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian6 Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:13 am

Why wait for the low level warning, I always top up after a long journey, and in 20,000 miles have never had the warning come up. Generally you don’t wait for the red light for low diesel, you fill up when it’s getting low.
Brian6
Brian6

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:17 am

Thanks Kdc. Every bit of information helps. Your data is very much in line with what I’ve read elsewhere to expect. Regarding driving conditions and manner of driving, my conditions have varied from north of England cold to south of France very hot, so a fair mix. My driving habits are 65/70 mph on motorways and on the speed limit elsewhere, without using a heavy right foot. When I do get to see the Peugeot dealer I’ll pass all this data on.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:23 am

Thanks Brian D. I want to wait for the warning light to come on to see if it’s still giving false readings as it did when it came on but only took 3 litres to fill the 14 litre tank.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:59 am

You would think it ought to be somewhat related to fuel consumption. I used 11 litres of AdBlue in a couple of months, at rate of 335 miles per litre, while at the same time fuel consumption was around 32 mpg.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:04 am

Thanks v8oholic. Yes, you would think AdBlue consumption would relate to fuel consumption but, as the above feedback demonstrates, the AB consumption figures seem to vary grossly, some getting 600 miles per litre, others getting half that. My "3 litres" consumption (see above) that gave AB consumption of c. 170 miles per litre, occurred as part of a 1500 miles trip to France last month during which my fuel consumption was 33 mpg so showing that whilst your and my vehicles are doing 32/33 mpg our AB consumption is very different. There's clearly something amiss with my vehicle despite the French Peugeot dealer's computer diagnostics reporting otherwise. Have tested negative for covid today for the first time since getting back from France over 2 weeks ago so I'm going to take the vehicle and all the above valuable feedback to my local Peugeot dealer and hopefully they can sort it out.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:48 am

Here consumption is top side of 500 miles per litre at least.
From new I've topped up with about a total 10 litres of AdBlue for 5000 miles covered, so I've not seen any light on the dashboard. 2 weeks ago my Adblue tank was full. My Adblue consumption is higher than 1 litre per 500miles, because I don't know how much there was in the tank when we bought the van.
I'll drive mostly to the speed limit, on motorways it's around 65 mph, just a tad faster than the HGVs.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfred Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:00 am

My Fiat Ducato 2.3 140BHP auto (not a/s) is also using about 1Ltr for about 400 miles. Avg MPG 32.8 over 8000 since new one year ago.
oldfred
oldfred

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:55 pm

Have today had a long and, I felt, meaningful discussion with the Service dept. of my local Peugeot main dealer about AdBlue so I thought I'd pass on what I've been told as a thank you to the above posters and for the benefit of any one else who has similar problems.
She listened carefully to my description of events, was both sympathetic and helpful, and responded as follows:
+ the dealership (and it is a large one) have had many, many customers with AdBlue associated issues, inter alia, the wide range of consumption figures
+ they, the dealership, consider the AB system to be 'pernickety' (her word not mine) and fraught with opportunities to go wrong
+ amongst other things, if the AB tank is topped up with less than 10 litres of AB then the computerised  tank measuring system can fall into disarray and is unable to correctly monitor what's in the tank (which is reflected in my experience)
+ for her to re-run diagnostics now, whilst no warning light is on, would not be productive because diagnostics would report no issues, exactly as it did in France.
+ the way forward is to wait until the warning light comes on again and at that point, without topping up the tank, take it into the dealer and they will resolve the matter.
She said a lot of other things but the above were the most pertinent points she made.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Dbvwt and Kdc like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:29 pm

purdyhorse wrote:
+ amongst other things, if the AB tank is topped up with less than 10 litres of AB then the computerised  tank measuring system can fall into disarray and is unable to correctly monitor what's in the tank
That is interesting for me because I only fill with 10l containers (or smaller), thanks for letting us know.

All my readings (over 25,000 miles) have been quite consistent so I would never have suspected it could be in disarray.  
Now I think of it there was one time when the warning light didn't go off for ages after I had filled, I suppose that could be the disarray.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:04 pm

AutoSleepy_Don - I've done quite a lot of research into AB and its issues and problems with the warning light not going off post filling is far and away the most common issue and can be very troublesome. As I mentioned before, I simply can't see why the manufacturers can't incorporate an AB gauge into the dashboard and get rid of this patently unreliable warning light system. It's over -engineered just like the Whale fresh water filling system - a hosepipe and filler cap are much more reliable!
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:36 pm

I’ve filled mine twice and both times from an AdBlue pump, so I know when the light comes on, it takes a little over 11 litres to brim it again.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Post by HJA Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:14 pm

We don’t have an as. It is also a fiat ducato base. Don’t know how much was in ad blu tank at start (new van 2021). First warning at over 1000 miles. Put in about 8 l, few hundred miles later, warning light again, so filled with rest of 10l container. Van went in for service and we asked for van to be filled. We don’t know how much was put in, but definitely some.
Few hundred miles later, warning light. It took about 4 litres. To me it is a real mystery why no light for 1000 miles and then every few hundred miles. Doesn’t make sense. The comments from the purgeot dealer are really interesting. They would certainly “explain” some of our experience.
HJA
HJA

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK TB LP

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:26 am

HJA: it reads like you have a very similar problem to me. Your consumption figures are way in excess of the numbers reported above and even worse than my 500 miles trip consuming 3 litres (which in itself is excessive). I suggest you do the same as me - wait till the light comes on again, don't fill the tank but take the vehicle to the dealer for diagnostics. At least you've still got the benefit of warranty cover - mine expired during lockdown when the vehicle was not being used - the problem arose 2 months after warranty expiry.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:35 am

Just put 5 ltr in for the first time no warning lights and 4467 miles on the clock so around 1ltr for nearly 900 miles. I will now put more miles on before I top up again to see if figures stand up.
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:45 am

Thanks gef. The more responses I receive, the more irrational the AdBlue system and consumption seem to be. Given the massive scale of the system’s implementation I would have envisaged far greater consistency in the data feedback I’ve received.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down

AdBlue consumption 2019 Warwick XL Peugeot  Empty Update

Post by purdyhorse Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:36 am

Have now done 1500 miles since I experienced the problem. The warning light has yet to reappear so I can only conclude that the issue is with the Adblue reporting system and not the Adblue function itself.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Back to top Go down