The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VW Trident T5 - top bed slats/boards needed

3 posters

Go down

VW Trident T5 - top bed slats/boards needed Empty VW Trident T5 - top bed slats/boards needed

Post by Kitross Sat May 28, 2022 10:34 pm

Hello
We just bought a VW Autosleeper Trident T5 (2007) with missing parts.

1 - The upper kids bed - which slides along the roof space, and bolts into place, to create a bed for kids - is missing two of the padded boards.
Does anyone have a set I could buy? I’ve emailed Autosleeper but there’s a 5 weeks wait for a response!

2 - we’re also missing the rear shelf/sill in the back - it slots in above the rear facing seat. Where would I get one of those?
I’ve googled a fair bit but I’m very new so have likely missed the obvious places!

Many thanks!
Catherine
Kitross
Kitross

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

VW Trident T5 - top bed slats/boards needed Empty Re: VW Trident T5 - top bed slats/boards needed

Post by Roopert Sat May 28, 2022 11:21 pm

Typically, factory-supplied items like this will be in the loft of a previous owner - have you tried contacting the previous owner, as shown on the V5C? Of course, it may not be the last owner, but if you haven't done so already, it may be worth a try.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down

VW Trident T5 - top bed slats/boards needed Empty Re: VW Trident T5 - top bed slats/boards needed

Post by Paulmold Sun May 29, 2022 9:10 am

As for the long email response from AS, simply phone the spares dept, they will answer immediately if you phone before 2pm.
I can't imagine anyone having a set of boards for sale, why would they, they want them for when they sell the van.
You could try breakers , they may just have them (list of breakers in Factsheet section) or perhaps ask if anyone who has them could give the dimensions so you could make them.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kitross Tue May 31, 2022 1:49 pm

Excellent! Thank you both.
Kitross
Kitross

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down