The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flogas 11kg cylinder in Symbol Gas Cabinet

4 posters

Go down

Flogas 11kg cylinder in Symbol Gas Cabinet Empty Flogas 11kg cylinder in Symbol Gas Cabinet

Post by Arron Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:22 pm

Planning a 3 week trip to France later in the year and would ideally like to replace the 6kg Calor propane bottle ( 495mm h x 256mm dia) with an 11kg Flogas bottle (560mm h x 310mm dia) in our year 2000 Symbol.

I've measured the cabinet and it's tight - it may just fit if I temporarily remove the door catch & refit it after the bottle is in,  and I will need a different connector.

Has anyone managed to do this and what are the alternatives (if any)?

scratch head
Arron

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive SE 2.8L
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Flogas 11kg cylinder in Symbol Gas Cabinet Empty Re: Flogas 11kg cylinder in Symbol Gas Cabinet

Post by Paulmold Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:49 pm

If the gas cupboard is still same size as the Symphony which the Symbol replaced, then you should be able to get a 6kg Calor and a 3.9kg Calor behind it in that cupboard albeit tight. If you only have one 11kg bottle you really can only waste some gas if you exchange before it runs out. Obviously neither calor nor flogas are available over the Channel.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Flogas 11kg cylinder in Symbol Gas Cabinet Empty Re: Flogas 11kg cylinder in Symbol Gas Cabinet

Post by Arron Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:09 pm

Thanks for that. I'll try a 3.9kg Calor behind the 6kg one that's there at present. It looks like a good cheap solution  smile!
Arron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:48 pm

I find that a full 6kg lasts easy for 4 weeks in June or September - but we don't use gas for heating at that time and not often for hot water.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Arron Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:16 am

Thanks Ron
Arron

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:34 am

inspiredron wrote:I find that a full 6kg lasts easy for 4 weeks in June or September - but we don't use gas for heating at that time and not often for hot water.
About the same gas consumption with us. We always set off abroad with two full 6kg Calor bottles, no heating during summer, seldom on EHU, so hot water and fridge are our main usage. We rarely empty the first bottle in four weeks.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down