The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over cab cabinet door Symbol/Dorset

4 posters

Go down

Over cab cabinet door Symbol/Dorset Empty Over cab cabinet door Symbol/Dorset

Post by Heanorboy Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm

On visiting Exeter Show this weekend I wandered into a 2011 Dorset (Well you do don't you to see if any thing different), On this one there was fitted a flap door over the two slits over the cab, these being open I have always considered a bit of a untidy feature, anyway this van had one in matching wood which lifted up and held there with what I would call Kitchen cupboard hinges.
I sent a request to A/S to ask if they had fitted it at new and do they have any in stock, 
Response
Without the job number of the blue dorset I wouldn't know if it was put on at build, All cupboards etc are custom made they are not something we have on the shelf and we wouldn't have any of the wood from 2011.

So out of luck so wondered is anybody else with a 2007-2013 model has this door or indeed a solution of their own
David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Over cab cabinet door Symbol/Dorset Empty Re: Over cab cabinet door Symbol/Dorset

Post by kaspian Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:41 pm

Not very helpful response, would someone like Oleary 's or Magnum perhaps hold some board the same colour or caravan suppliers as board used will probably be stock colours of wood effect. You could then fashion a door to the exact dimensions and edge it with the correct iron on edging.
   When we had an Elddis caravan a few years ago we liked the arrangement of the bathroom in the next van uprange of ours. Where ours had a shelf , it was enclosed with a door. A call to Elddis later a special one off was produced in matching wood effect board that they sourced.  Admittedly I had to wait a few months for it as it was a special one off in an otherwise busy factory run but they did  good delivering just what was needed in the end. Credit to them I suppose as they could just have said no as above.
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Over cab cabinet door Symbol/Dorset Empty Re: Over cab cabinet door Symbol/Dorset

Post by Ness Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:38 pm

I have a 2008 symbol. The over cab door was an option which cost about £80 I think. I've always thought it was money well spent as it looks much more finished off than without the door.
Ness

Female

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol ES
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by biffobear Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:49 am

Try google “caravan & motorhome breakers” there’s a good few about. You will be surprised at what they have in stock and most will send photos and post items
biffobear
biffobear

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Montana
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down