The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting 3.9kg Flogas bottle in Trident

4 posters

Go down

Fitting 3.9kg Flogas bottle in Trident Empty Fitting 3.9kg Flogas bottle in Trident

Post by perryg Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:44 pm

Hi

Not sure how I've missed this but I've only just heard that Calor is phasing out its 3.9kg bottles (although I understand the process will now take longer than when first announced).  I've always used the 3.9kg propane cylinders in my 1998 Trident up to now. 

From a bit of internet research I see that the 3.9kg Flogas bottles are a possible substitute but just wondered if any forum members with a similar van had made the switch over and whether the bottles fit OK (i understand not all 3.9kg Flogas bottles are the same dimensions).  I've read you can use the same regulator. 

I've seen a post on here about possible conversion of the Trident/Trooper cupboard to take the 6kg Calor bottle but I'd rather go for a simpler solution if there is one.

Thanks in advance

Perry
perryg
perryg
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Fitting 3.9kg Flogas bottle in Trident Empty Re: Fitting 3.9kg Flogas bottle in Trident

Post by IanH Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:15 pm

Not evading your question, but as new to this forum you won't know this has been discussed to death, so if you go to SEARCH and type in what you want, it's probably already there.

Same applies to tyre pressures!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugegrins hugegrins hugegrins
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Fitting 3.9kg Flogas bottle in Trident Empty Re: Fitting 3.9kg Flogas bottle in Trident

Post by perryg Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:35 pm

Thanks Ian! I did do a search on Flogas but not much came up but I should have tried searching for Calor. Have now and currently wading through previous discussions, could take some time...
perryg
perryg
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 1998

JandL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:59 pm

If anyone is wondering how much Flogas bottles can vary in height, this photo puts it in perspective (they are butane but propane will be the same...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Spoonvet likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by paw15 Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:36 pm

Flogas propane didn't fit for me I'm afriad. I decided on calor gas. You can fit two in the gas cupboard, but more expensive.
paw15
paw15

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down