The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings

3 posters

Go down

Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings Empty Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings

Post by houseofcutler Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:47 pm

Hi There,

A couple of the light casings in my Trident are cracked. I found another post on the forum that confirmed replacement cases are hard to come by. I am interested in potentially swapping out the whole unit and or changing the bulbs to LED but I don't know how to know what bulbs or units will be compatible or what I will find if I attempt to take out the unit.

If anyone can point me to some relevant information anywhere that would be very much appreciated.

Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings Img_4612

Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings Img_4611

Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings Img_4613
houseofcutler
houseofcutler

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings Empty Re: Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings

Post by Retirerehirelife Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:05 pm

sorry for the late reply.
Is it the light lens covers you are referring too?
Retirerehirelife
Retirerehirelife

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident 2.5 TDI
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings Empty Re: Replacement Trident Recessed light fittings

Post by houseofcutler Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:08 am

I am grateful for any reply, late or otherwise!

Yes, it is the covers I want to replace as both of them are cracked

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Retirerehirelife Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:27 am

we viewed many auto-sleepers in this year period and all of them (including the trident we bought) had cracked lenses. I think its a design fault of the fitting and you would be very lucky to find one intact. I have seen some autosleepers with complete 2nd party replacement light units and I think that would be the way to go.
Retirerehirelife
Retirerehirelife

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident 2.5 TDI
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:21 am

I'm pretty sure it's made by Labcraft, and is just one of a number of variants that they sold - the most common being the Trilite. This variant is relatively rare - much less common than the Trilite - but you do occasionally see them for sale as used spares on Ebay.

It will help to remove the light unit from its recess because it ~should~ have a label on the back with the model number printed on it. You can then set up an automatic search on Ebay so that you get a notification when one gets listed.

Alternatively, as said, you can probably adapt on of the more common variants (there have been at least two other recessed versions) to fit, though it obviously won't look as elegant.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down