The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2008 Warwick 12 volt Fridge on light

3 posters

Go down

2008 Warwick 12 volt  Fridge on light Empty 2008 Warwick 12 volt Fridge on light

Post by Village biker Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:43 pm

Hi, can anyone offer any advice, I have a 2008 Warwick, when the vehicle is moving & the fridge is switched to 12v the green led is not illuminating, I have checked the fuse & the step retracts when the vehicle moves, is it likely to be the fridge 12v element ? Are these easy to replace ? & are there any checks or tests I should carry out first ? Thanks Steve
Village biker
Village biker

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

2008 Warwick 12 volt  Fridge on light Empty Re: 2008 Warwick 12 volt Fridge on light

Post by Roopert Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:52 pm

No, I don't think you can infer that there is any problem with the element from that.

Although I don't know the 2008 Warwick specifically, the "Fridge on" light is typically wired in parallel with the fridge element, not in series - so if the element failed, the light should still come on.

The most likely explanation is that there is no power - either due to a fuse that you haven't checked, or due to another fault with the wiring - or else the "Fridge on" lamp has failed.

So... more testing would be needed to come to a meaningful conclusion. The simplest (IMO) is to turn the fridge switch on and go for a drive, then take off the external fridge vent and feel the top of the heat exchanger at the back of the fridge (WARNING - it can get very hot if it is actually working and the LED has failed!).

There are quicker tests that would tell you the same thing, but most will mean that you need a multimeter, or some other specific test equipment.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

2008 Warwick 12 volt  Fridge on light Empty Re: 2008 Warwick 12 volt Fridge on light

Post by Village biker Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:20 pm

Hi Roopert, many thanks for the swift & direct response, are these LEDS known to fail & can they be replaced ?  I will check the heat exchanger after the next trip.
Thanks
Steve
Village biker
Village biker

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:49 pm

They don't seem very reliable - the one on the Trooper (2005) failed several years ago and I had to replace it, with an illuminated switch that was very similar but not identical, from CPC/Farnell. Sorry, but I can't remember the exact part now.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Retirerehirelife Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:30 pm

After recent problems that I had with my Trident, I would say always check the relay’s on the hab and van.
Retirerehirelife
Retirerehirelife

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trident 2.5 TDI
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down