The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 Reg Symbol water inlet pipe replacement

2 posters

Go down

2000 Reg Symbol water inlet pipe replacement Empty 2000 Reg Symbol water inlet pipe replacement

Post by MIG Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:52 pm

Afternoon everybody, I have owned my Symbol for a few weeks and have a water leak from the filler pipe inside the sill, could somebody point me in the right direction to enable me to remove and replace the water pipe I've tried threading a hose pipe down it but it cannot make the turns.
MIG
MIG

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

2000 Reg Symbol water inlet pipe replacement Empty Re: 2000 Reg Symbol water inlet pipe replacement

Post by jerry Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Hi MIG
 Did mine a few years ago removed the filler from the side of the van  tied cord to the cill end of the pipe and  pushed and pulled the old pipe through. tied the new pipe onto the cord then using gaffa tape secured the cord and  after several failed attempts fashioned  a funnel type end to the pipe using gaffa tape.can not remember if I started from the bottom  or top. Have fun rolleyes

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : symphony
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

2000 Reg Symbol water inlet pipe replacement Empty Re: 2000 Reg Symbol water inlet pipe replacement

Post by MIG Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:56 pm

Thanks Jerry I've now managed to push hosepipe through the old pipe and extracted the old pipe which fell apart, when the new pipe arrives I'm going to thread it through from the bottom, should be a breeze.
MIG
MIG

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

jerry likes this post

Back to top Go down