The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ADVICE SOUGHT ON SOLAR PANELS FOR TRIDENT

Go down

ADVICE SOUGHT ON SOLAR PANELS FOR TRIDENT Empty ADVICE SOUGHT ON SOLAR PANELS FOR TRIDENT

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:12 am

I have a SEALEY 1.5W 12v panel I bought some time ago and now want to fit it, just to keep the leisure battery topped up. Appreciate its low wattage but thats all its for.
I also have a battery gauge fitted on the dashboard so want to wire that in as well.............any tips?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

ADVICE SOUGHT ON SOLAR PANELS FOR TRIDENT Empty Re: ADVICE SOUGHT ON SOLAR PANELS FOR TRIDENT

Post by Dbvwt Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:39 am

I bought an AA 2.4W panel to keep the vehicle battery topped up. I know others have had success with this type of panel but I didn’t find it powerful enough for the task and it was soon sold on the bay!
Hope you have more success than I did. Maybe just fit a couple of croc clips on the wires and test before doing a more permanent fix.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

ADVICE SOUGHT ON SOLAR PANELS FOR TRIDENT Empty Re: ADVICE SOUGHT ON SOLAR PANELS FOR TRIDENT

Post by Guest Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:46 am

Thanks for that, yes I realised 1.5 w was a tad low, but thought it would be better than nothing. I'll try it out and link it to the gauge and see how it fairs. I am not going to fit a fuse in line as its fairly low power and just link up the panel and the guage to the leisure batery.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down