The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear window blind/material (2000 Topaz)?

Go down

Rear window blind/material (2000 Topaz)? Empty Rear window blind/material (2000 Topaz)?

Post by JPCoetzee Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:43 pm

The blackout material in my rear window cassette blind has torn.

I'm trying to find either a replacement for the whole cassette blind (635mm wide x 520mm high) or, since the mechanism is in good condition, some replacement material (approx 602mm wide x 580mm high)

I'm struggling to find either shrugg . Can anybody help or advise?

many thanks
JPCoetzee
JPCoetzee

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz (2000)

Back to top Go down

Rear window blind/material (2000 Topaz)? Empty Re: Rear window blind/material (2000 Topaz)?

Post by JPCoetzee Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Answering my own question and putting information here for the next person to search!

I couldn't find a replacement so I bought this Seitz 600x610 blind from O'Leary and trimmed it to size: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It doesn't fit exactly into the recess but it does the job very well. You can see from the photos that with the blackout blind down it still lets a little light in. That doesn't matter to me because at night I keep the sliding door closed to contain the *ahem* fragrant aroma from the toilet! From the outside you can't see in i.e. it is private.

The blind is a simpler mechanism than the original and feels more robust. It is slightly heavier and I'm a bit concerned that it is only held in with two screws at the top - this doesn't feel like a strong enough fixing in the plastic surround. We shall see.

I've included the window and frame measurements for reference.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JPCoetzee
JPCoetzee

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz (2000)

KMRTOPAZ likes this post

Back to top Go down