The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AutoSleeper Topaz upholstery material

4 posters

Go down

AutoSleeper Topaz upholstery material  Empty AutoSleeper Topaz upholstery material

Post by David V Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:56 pm

My 2004 VW (T4) Topaz has a small tear in the rear passenger seat squab (i.e. the bit you sit on).
I need about one metre of matching material to get it reupholstered, but it's no longer available from Auto Sleepers.
According to their parts dept, its colour description is Fellina Grey and the AS part number is CS0100FLG.
I asked them if they could let me know the manufacturing source, in the hope I might be able to track down a couple of metres, but all they have said is that it was specially imported.

Any suggestions?
David V
David V

Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Topaz

Back to top Go down

AutoSleeper Topaz upholstery material  Empty Topaz seat material

Post by Terry Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:58 pm

Have you tried a mobile/local upholsterer for an 'invisible' mend ?
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

AutoSleeper Topaz upholstery material  Empty Re: AutoSleeper Topaz upholstery material

Post by David V Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Thanks Terry, I've got the contact details of a local upholsterer and will give him a try as I feel it's unlikely that I'll be able to obtain the original material.

David V
David V

Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Good luck, its a lot cheaper than a complete re-cover. Someone, somewhere said that a lot of the original AS material came from Belgium, could be a 'needle in a haystack' kind of search though !
Just an outside chance, my 2003 Dorset material was also used by Romahome in some of their R20's about the same time, just a clutch at a straw in the haystack !!
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

AutoSleeper Topaz upholstery material  Empty Re: AutoSleeper Topaz upholstery material

Post by Paulmold Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Another straw to clutch at, this wouldn't be the material by any chance?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Nope, my Dorset was more 'geometrical' on a light blue base, there was red in it as well- faded as quick as anything in daylight !
Terry
Terry
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi David
Are you certain it is Fellini Grey ? as we have Fellini Blue in our Duetto (our choice non standard) as we understood the Nuevo's etc had Fellini Grey (had matching curtains) and the VW conversions had Fellini Blue with plain curtains. We chose plain dark blue curtains to match.
We ordered ours a few years ao with the help of one of the AS staff who was well versed in the options and have only seen our fabric in VW's.
Took some photos earlier will try and put some on here or PM them if you think it would help.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down