The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL

3 posters

Go down

Warwick XL Empty Warwick XL

Post by Sapper Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:36 am

We've got a 2020 WXL and we're going away tomorrow but I don't think the Thetford fridge is working, could someone please direct me to the fuse I should be checking.
I've looked in the book but it doesn't list any of the fuses as being for the fridge.
Appreciate some help and thanks.
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL Empty Re: Warwick XL

Post by Sapper Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:47 am

I've just tried it on gas and it's flashing fault 3
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Fault code 3 is a gas lockout following a failure to ignite. Sorry for the obvious question but is the isolation valve for the fridge in the open position?  If it is, can you hear the quiet clicking sound of the spark ignition?

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:22 pm

Yes the gas tap is on it started clicking then stopped almost as though it had lit?
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:51 pm

Try lighting a hob ring to confirm that you have gas from the tank and that no upstream isolation has been applied.

If you're happy that you have gas, then it's an ignition problem. That could be down to an electrical fault within the fridge itself, a faulty gas valve or a dirty gas burner. Unless you use the fridge on gas a lot, a dirty burner seems unlikely on such a new van.

You could remove the lower fridge vent outside the van and peer in to look at the burner box during the ignition sequence. You may be able to see if the flame ignites even just briefly. If it does, and the flame is yellow then that would indicate a dirty burner. The flame on a clean burner is blue.

The other thing to check is whether the fridge works on EHU and on 12V with the engine running. If it doesn't, then that would suggest a faulty power board in the fridge.

Thetford fault diagnosis charts can be found at the following link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:58 pm

If it is working on mains and battery but not gas and you are sure you have gas it is almost certain to be a dirty burner. I am not sure if you can reach it through the vent on a warwick but if you can carefully remove the burner cover and you will immediately see if it is full of cobwebs and muck. If so just clean it out and check the igniter is clean on the tip and you should be fine. Sounds more daunting than it is to do.
As Tim says if it not that then probably the PCB.
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:22 pm

Thanks for the replies. I did find the fridge fuse behind the drivers seat and that is OK. I pulled al the other fuses and they were OK and switched the RCDs off and off and suddenly it's working on gas with no fault code,

I'll let it get down temperature and then try the lecky.

Once again thanks for your help
Sapper
Sapper

Male

cbraf likes this post

Back to top Go down