The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick xl again

+6
Paramedic
bikeralw
logburner
Spadger
Toffee
eddie1
10 posters

Go down

Warwick xl again Empty Warwick xl again

Post by eddie1 Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:08 pm

I have a Warwick xl registered 2015, I've had a few build problems the worst of which was the cupboards almost falling of the wall fixed by my dealer. The latest problem is the blind cassette on the sliding door coming lose, I thought I would have a go at fixing myself but looking at it I cannot get at all the screws holding the internal panel on as it looks as though 4 or 5 are behind the kitchen unit. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and could give me an idea on how to get around the it. Looking at the problems I've had and those I've heard of others having I don't know how auto sleeper keep their reputation for build quality. 
Many thanks for any help you can give.
eddie1
eddie1

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : None

Back to top Go down

Warwick xl again Empty Re: Warwick xl again

Post by Toffee Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:15 pm

The blind on our sliding door has no screws in it. When I picked up the van it rattled in a way that deafened you. I cured it by using sound deadening foam to fill all the gaps so it cannot rattle.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie1 Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Many thanks for that I never thought of it not having screws I'm not sure where I can get that type of foam but I'll see what I can get and try it.
eddie1
eddie1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Midland chandlers sell a product called window tape which is basically self adhesive foam 20mm wide 4mm thick usefull for filling gaps between the cassette frame and the trim, I've pushed a thick piece of black foam between the fixed glass and the cassette frame to stop that rattling about.
These simple mods stopped all the rattles.
Midland chandlers have web site listing their products and locations, at least you should be able to see the stuff I used.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Spadger Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:57 pm

Think it's a common problem with all the sliding doors , our Kingham
The same , dealer chocked it with bits of plastic after we complained it was loose , they fell out after ten minutes , the blind fits between a black plastic surround screwed to door and then the other surround is expected to hold it in place ? I used silkafix all around the plastic of the blind where if you look is an obvious gap , this has done the job
Spadger
Spadger

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie1 Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:20 am

Thanks for your help. I don't have enough room to get in with silkfix so jamming it with foam seems the best way I've managed to get a peice of 5mm foam pipe insulation in the gap and that seems to be holding it for now so I'll see how that goes, again thanks for your help seems all the problems I've had are pretty general with A S so I think they need to look at their build quality.
eddie1
eddie1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by logburner Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:07 am

I expect you are waiting until you are happy to admit to owning an Autosleeper, before actually putting it in your profile. Whistle1hugegrinshugegrins
logburner
logburner
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman
Vehicle Year : 1993

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie1 Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks for that logburner but I would have thought being on the 'auto sleepers owners forum' would indicate I owned an auto sleeper weather it's on my profile or not, also after spending over £50000 on a van I would expect to be happy with it. I've owned motor homes for over 25yrs various makes so I have seen build quality and I've had more problems with this than any other as I speak to other owners every one seems to have had some serious problems all down to build quality yet all I hear is how good the A S build quality is
But it would seem it needs looking at.
eddie1
eddie1

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by bikeralw Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:03 pm

It's a fact that the older models had better build quality. I own a 2004 coach built and recently had a trial run in the same model but 11 years younger. Based on that experience, no way would I 'upgrade'. I would say on balance that the latest base vehicle is superior to my van, but the conversion is far inferior.
I'll wait and see what happens now AS are under new ownership.
Al.
bikeralw
bikeralw
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Perhaps uniquely, this forum welcomes non A/S owners to contribute to the discussion surrounding motorhomes and caravans.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian East Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:07 pm

HI there I'm new to this site so here goes
I agree completely with eddie1 comments the build quality on my WARWICK XL is just the same (atrocious). Also after the local dealer tested the batterys this week due to them losing charge I was told the liesure battery was at fault and required replacing,Told this wouldn't be covered under warranty as A/.S only cover it for 90 days from when the dealer takes delivery of the van. Who should be responsible for the warranty on a hankook battery A/S or hankook(.Quoted £159 to supply and fit by the dealer). Can get one on the net for £60.I find this totally unacceptable on a 10 month old van at a cost of £50,000 .
Brian East
Brian East

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:28 pm

Brian East wrote:HI there I'm new to this site so here goes
I agree completely with eddie1 comments the build quality on my WARWICK XL is just the same (atrocious). Also after the local dealer tested  the batterys this week due to them losing charge I was told the liesure battery was at fault and required replacing,Told this wouldn't be covered under warranty as A/.S only cover it for 90 days from when the dealer takes delivery of the van. Who should be responsible for the warranty on a hankook battery A/S or hankook(.Quoted  £159 to supply and fit by the dealer). Can get one on the net for £60.I find this totally unacceptable on a 10 month old  van at a cost of £50,000 .
Hi Brian
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:24 pm

Hi Brian and welcome to this forum. Am sure I won't be alone to condemn the attitude of the dealer with regard to your battery failure. You will have consumer rights to redress your loss but it's the unnecessary hassle that goes with it to achieve your rights through no fault of yours. I feel what should happen is......

Dealer immediately replaces proven faulty battery promoting good customer service.

The dealer may write off the loss or challenge A/S for some form of business compensation.

A/S seeks redress from their supplier ultimately manufacturer.

This may be too simplistic but know your rights and get legal advice say, Citizens Advice. Our best wishes

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian East Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Thanks paramedic for your input .I fail to see how battery manafacturers offer warrantys of say 1 to4 years and A/S cancill that out and only offer 90 days.
I will be taking this up with the dealer in the near future and will post results . Thanks again for your input
Brian East
Brian East

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:08 pm

Before you next approach the dealer, it may be useful to contact Mark Burdett at A/S, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to confirm what the dealer said regarding the 90 days. His reply may be useful as to what future action you need to take. Generally this forum pays him great respect as he tends to be most obliging whist "doing a difficult job" Our personal experience with him has been prompt and most informative. Please, no need to reply to this post.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:24 pm

From Autosleeper Waranty Terms.

"Leisure batteries, unless covered for the unexpired part of a 90 day warranty that
begins when the motorhome is delivered byAuto-Sleepers to the Dealer."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:26 am

Thanks PLOUGHLIN, recall being enraged over the terms and conditions relating to the £100 + vat demanded from A/S to continue warranty cover to second owner. All this 'small print' makes formidable reading. With regard to the battery failure, how can one benefit from whatever the manufacturer's warranty period is when it is seemingly made less to the end user?

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:24 pm

As I understand it, a warranty is an entirely voluntary feature provided by the manufacturer. The manufacturer can state whatever warranty terms they like - or indeed they can offer no warranty at all.

However, whatever the warranty says, it does not affect (and cannot affect) you rights as a consumer under the relevant consumer protection laws. If the warranty does not offer you adequate cover, just use your legal rights instead - though it should be noted that these apply to the supplier, not the manufacturer.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down