The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year 2000

2 posters

Go down

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year  2000  Empty Peugeot symbol 1.9td year 2000

Post by Rexanne Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:43 am

Hi I have just purchased a Symbol and just checking it all out , but could anybody help me with access to water heater and pipes please.
Rexanne
Rexanne

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year  2000  Empty Re: Peugeot symbol 1.9td year 2000

Post by Roopert Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:34 pm

It seems fair to assume that it will be fitted with a Carver Cascade water heater, but that's not entirely a certainty because it may have been replaced during the life of the van.

It also depends on what you want to do to it. Some things (e.g. getting to the control module) can only really be done from inside the van. But most repair work can be done most easily by removing the fixings on the outside of the van and sliding the water heater a small way out of the van (having first removed the straps inside that hold it down - on mine they were just velcro'd). You can then disconnect the water and gas pipes and slide it all of the way out, so you can work on it at your leisure, indoors.

I speak from personal experience because my first attempt to disconnect the water pipes was done from inside the van and it is a lot harder than doing it from outside!!
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Peugeot symbol 1.9td year  2000  Empty Re: Peugeot symbol 1.9td year 2000

Post by Rexanne Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:27 pm

Thank you Roopert I'll will check that out
Rexanne
Rexanne

Male