The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick Duo - new van - Whale Heating System

4 posters

Go down

Warwick Duo - new van - Whale Heating System Empty Warwick Duo - new van - Whale Heating System

Post by Jacket Potato Tue May 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Hello

We purchased a new Warwick Duo 3 weeks ago. No surprise, given recent (and current!) weather, that we have been using the heating system.

Whenever the heater is turned on, irrespective of whether the fan is set to eco or full, all the drawers (and their contents) under the sink heat up. And I mean "heat up", not "warm up". 

This occurs despite all 4 vents being set to fully open, ie the 2 vents under the right hand bench seat, the one behind the driver's seat, and the vent in the wet room.

I have looked under the right hand seat, and cannot see any obvious disconnected hose.

We will of course be taking this back to Marquis for help, however, I am interested t know whether anyone else has noticed this problem. 

Thanks for your help
Jacket Potato
Jacket Potato

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo - new van - Whale Heating System Empty Re: Warwick Duo - new van - Whale Heating System

Post by Paulmold Tue May 04, 2021 3:56 pm

The whale heater is a recent change (truma system has been fitted for years) and not many of us have that system yet. Hopefully someone  else with a recent van can comment.
Why not say hello here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Warwick Duo - new van - Whale Heating System Empty Re: Warwick Duo - new van - Whale Heating System

Post by Tinwheeler Tue May 04, 2021 4:18 pm

We have the Whale but I believe the Truma is still an option.

I can't really help I’m afraid as ours is still unused other than to test it.

The Whale heater is mounted under the van close to the rear axle while it is the water heater that's situated under the bunk adjacent to the kitchen drawers. 

Our previous Warwick had the Truma Combi under the bunk and those drawers never even got warm, let alone hot. 

In short, best let an expert look at it or, if you can’t find one, settle for Marquis.hugegrins

PS. I may be wrong but I think the heater pipe insulated in black runs along the offside of the van behind the kitchen to the air outlet at the cab end. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacket Potato Tue May 04, 2021 4:28 pm

Thank you Tinwheeler. Your helpful geography lesson encourages me to check which is the independent culprit responsible for the hot pants, I mean drawers, the water heater or the van heater.
Jacket Potato
Jacket Potato

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue May 04, 2021 5:20 pm

Sorry I can’t be of more help, JP.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hferguson Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 am

Hi
My name is Hayley and I work in the marketing team at Whale.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. You can call them on 0345 9090 911 or email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Alternatively, please privately send me the best number to get you on and I will get one of our team to give you a call.
Best wishes,
Hayley
hferguson
hferguson

Female

Member Age : 37
Vehicle Year : Vehicle

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacket Potato Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Feedback on the problem I wrote about on 4th May.
The Marquis technician (1) confirmed there was a problem (2) identified the fault (3) fixed it.
The hose carrying hot air to the front floor-level vent in the van living area had become disconnected from the heater's outflow. So, hot air directed forwards was dispersing under the kitchen units rather than being channelled to the front vent. Besides reconnecting the hose, the technician informed me that he did something else to secure it (it was a few months ago now, and I cannot recall whether he glued it, or put a screw in).
Jacket Potato
Jacket Potato

Male

AutoSleepy_Don likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jacket Potato Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:13 pm

Thank you Hayley, Tinwheeler and Pailmold for taking an interest at the time, and Tinwheeler for your photographs.
Jacket Potato
Jacket Potato

Male

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Thanks for the update, JP. I won’t be able to get any more photos as we've swapped the van.  Warwick Duo - new van - Whale Heating System 1f600
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down